HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Power Up, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:11 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,587 Posts
Discussion
Well… conversion completed!! :)

Finished up the DFC conversion on the ol’ 500. Pretty bare mechanically. Sure makes for a clean look. Installed another Skookum 540. Love the Wizards! Love the simplicity of the set-up! Love the secure feeling! Thumbs up to Skookum!!

Depending on the weather it could be a couple of months before I actually get to maiden her, hopefully sooner, but lately Mother Nature has been brutal . This past week has seen the Temperature dip into the -40C range. Frikkin’ Cold!! Even for an old Northerner like me…

Few pic’s…
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Last edited by Power Up; Feb 03, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:02 PM
SUCK LESS
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,578 Posts
Hey Al!

Suds & Summer - Looking forward to that as well.

That new head looks sweet - it really lowers the rotor disc closer to the canopy - looks great. I've always liked how the Trex canopies look - nice lines & colors. The newer ones are pretty crazy, but well designed IMO.

Weather - Yuck. If I'm lucky, I'll get to hover in the backyard once every other week. We just got more snow last night - any test flights this week will require the pontoons for sure.

Hang in there, better days are ahead !

-John
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:43 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,587 Posts
Thanks John! Suds & Summer for sure!

Yeah, I like the low profile look. The tear-down and rebuild went pretty smooth. Itching to spin her up . The long term forecast doesn’t show any breaks in the weather anytime soon, so it could be a while before the maiden.

Slowly but surely the snow accumulation is adding up, but we have still avoided being hit with the big one… so far. Not out of the woods yet!

I’m following your Heli math, the Swift certainly does have a lot of options . I like that! Good to see you’re having fun with the initial tune-ups. By the time Spring hits you should pretty well have her to your liking. Good Stuff!
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up