HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:11 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Cole View Post
They did send a tracking number. When I plugged it in to the USPS tracking site, it said the vendor had not shipped the package. I just checked again and it said the vendor is preparing to ship the package. What tracking site did you use?

I saw elsewhere that the sda dcl on the MPU was reversed.

I too am trying to find the ideal motor to power a gimbal for the Sony NEX-5N camera. It appears that either JussiH or Bricobrac may have some custom motors available soon so I am waiting on that announcement as I would prefer to not have to wind motors.
I used www.posten.no for tracking I think

Funny that mine arrived on short time but yours still not shipped? Did you contact them ?

I need to find a motor that will work for the gopro if anyone got a hint then I would be happy...

I also got a nex5 but that one need to wait, I don`t have a anything to lift it with yet.
Winding motors is something that takes time but it`s not hard to do it, I did it 4 times on the hextronik motor and used 4-5 hours on it to get it right. But if i try to do a new one now I think it will go faster
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:29 PM
Joined Feb 2008
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
Yes one week ago...
Don't you have a tracking nr on it?

The only thing to comment was that the sda scl on the mpu was reversed. But no problem just uploaded the latest firmware from alexmos and did a test
Now I need to find a good engine to rewind and build a gimbal I have a cnc mill also to build so I can mill some parts for the gimbal.
How can you tell if its revesed?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
Fredrik R is offline Find More Posts by Fredrik R
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:35 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik R View Post
How can you tell if its revesed?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
I just picked it up in a thread and did a check before I tested it. Just run your gui and you will see if you get any reaction when tilting the sensor, you can also look at the silkscreen on the MPU and check it with this picture. On my sensor the SDA SCL was reversed, the picture is the correct pinout.

Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Feb 2008
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
I just picked it up in a thread and did a check before I tested it. Just run your gui and you will see if you get any reaction when tilting the sensor, you can also look at the silkscreen on the MPU and check it with this picture. On my sensor the SDA SCL was reversed, the picture is the correct pinout.

Mine was marked right then. But I dont get any actions in the GUI when I tilt it??
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:51 PM
Joined Feb 2008
49 Posts
Double post.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:27 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
The first thing I did was to upload the newest firmware form alex. 1.2b.hex
http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/downloads/

Then I did the test and it just worked, if the you use the 1.2 Gui on a 1.0 firmware i think you will get some problems. If I remember correct this was the case for the multiwii firmware to, you need to run the GUI that is designed for the firmware.

You can try to download the v1.0 and v1.1 Gui and see if that works if you don`t wanna flash a new firmware to your board. If it still not working check all your connections and also read the tuning manual, you may miss a driver for your ftda usb adapter?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Feb 2008
49 Posts
Got it working now. There was to long cables between the card and the sensors.

Rewind a Turnigy 5014 with 130 turns of 0.2 wire today. The resistant was 14.7 ohms so its in the upper limit. Tried it with the controller but it was not smooth and it run a little hot with 100 in power...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:13 PM
Make UAVs, not drones! ;-)
Vancouver, BC Canada...eh!
Joined Feb 2010
641 Posts
Howdy,

Will be rewinding two of these that I just ordered....yikes! ;-)

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=

Cheers,
Andy
jazzboy is offline Find More Posts by jazzboy
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:15 AM
Jedi Filmmaker
Joined Jan 2013
41 Posts
Got a CSG board coming in the mail and starting to figure out parts.
I'm going to build my own gimbal very simple and light for a Hero 3 Black edition.
I have an old eflite 370 park motor lying around and was wondering if it'll have enough juice when rewound to manage the tilt?

Thanks
Jimbaloosh is offline Find More Posts by Jimbaloosh
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:01 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,695 Posts
The Park 370 is 28mm O.D. and has a 22mm stator in it. If it is a 12 arm stator it would be a potential candidate. Others have used that size and it worked.

But here on this forum, the E-Flite motors have a terrible reputation as far as being candidates for rewinding because their windings are normally heavily saturated with an epoxy glue. Many have reported them as being nearly impossible to strip without destroying the stator the coating on the stator.

I have not actually had one in hand though, and some of us are more patient than others (or is it stubborn?) at getting the windings off. It you have one it would be worth taking apart and giving it a try. But try it with a micro torch and working carefully and patiently to find the ends and work them backwards as I describe in post #5.

I can almost guarantee you they will not respond to the a brute force attack for winding removal.

I was in an VIP auto parts store yesterday and they had those pencil type micro torches for sale, two in a package for $5. Those, with a canister of butane gas for refilling (Home Depot, drug stores, etc.) is a very useful tool to have around.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:26 AM
Jedi Filmmaker
Joined Jan 2013
41 Posts
thanks Jackerbes it is 12 arm and it is lying around. I'll pull it apart some more and see if its keen to be unwound.
Jimbaloosh is offline Find More Posts by Jimbaloosh
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:08 AM
Joined Feb 2010
641 Posts
Jack,

Do you think 80 turns per stator with .2mm wire in y config will work with these motors?

Cheers,
Andy
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:29 AM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzboy View Post
Jack,

Do you think 80 turns per stator with .2mm wire in y config will work with these motors?

Cheers,
Andy
Your link does not go to a specific motor
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Feb 2010
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64 View Post
Your link does not go to a specific motor
Oops, here it is:

Andy
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:43 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,895 Posts
One drawback is that "high temperature adhesives are used to secure the stator windings"
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H