Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:21 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Complaint
Appeal

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=4

At what point did mods at this site start becoming concerned with commenting on members of other sites? It feels like the mod jumped the gun on this one, in what feels like a continuation of some punitive pointing lately.

My comment references banned members of another site. HK forums (another site), and Facebook (another site). The comment didn't reference any member here (who is not banned here), nor any moderation issues that party had here. Along that line, I've never seen a rule that bars that type of discussion.

Finally, if the mods want to send a clear message that is helpful or further points to why a point, or three, is going to be given, how about adding some language in the reason line. Something like this:

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------

-------

doesn't seem helpful in the least.

I'll go ahead and wait the two weeks for appeal so I can understand how talking about moderation on other websites is an infraction here. If that's the case, I'm thinking a many hundreds of points should be coming.

Thanks.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Apr 2012
811 Posts
Appeal

Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=4
Warning - Trolling (Provocation)

Issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=4

At what point did mods at this site start becoming concerned with commenting on members of other sites? It feels like the mod jumped the gun on this one, in what feels like a continuation of some punitive pointing lately.

My comment references banned members of another site. HK forums (another site), and Facebook (another site). The comment didn't reference any member here (who is not banned here), nor any moderation issues that party had here. Along that line, I've never seen a rule that bars that type of discussion.

Finally, if the mods want to send a clear message that is helpful or further points to why a point, or three, is going to be given, how about adding some language in the reason line. Something like this:

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------

-------

doesn't seem helpful in the least.

I'll go ahead and wait the two weeks for appeal so I can understand how talking about moderation on other websites is an infraction here. If that's the case, I'm thinking a many hundreds of points should be coming.

Thanks.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:39 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
yank this one from the docket as well, I pared it down to the bare bones. Thanks.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Closed Thread