Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:06 AM
Joined Aug 2011
180 Posts
Discussion
LanYu Cessna with skis takeoff and landings video

Did some takeoff and landings today with my homemade skis. They don't look like much but they are functional. Put bungy in front and wire in back. Before I just had a wire in front but the plane would do a nose over on landing.

I just give it full up elevator and full throttle and away it goes.

It is -17C, but great fun.

I hardmounted the skis to the plane and now just put the battery in under the wing. Much easier than having to remove landing gear to put in battery.

Link to video. Can't get to youtube anymore so loaded it to here:
http://ipikz.com/Cessna-Skis-Take-Of...Landings_v1246

Ok, the green things came off in a hard landing but the skis still work. Wish I could form a little bend in the acrylic ruler but spring will be here soon.
FeiJi is offline Find More Posts by FeiJi
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FeiJi; Feb 21, 2013 at 03:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts