HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Question
What do I edit.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=24002325

I would like to edit this post so it does not violate any rules but I do not see anything wrong with it.
It is not an obnoxious post and it was not posted in multiple forums.
It was pertinent to the thread topic. I made 2 posts in this thread related to the topic and 2 asking a few people to stop the numerous confrontational attack posts, a serious problem in the HK forum that the Mods ignore. Porcia83 posted 9 confrontational mocking posts aimed at me, but you did nothing. I post my comments pertaining to the thread and I get warned. Why?
I asked you to explain your comment to me about posting in the HK forum but you refused to give me an answer. Am I allowed to post in all threads like all other members or am I restricted? Other members post far more than I do.
Please tell me what has to be edited in this post or does it have to be removed completely. I see no valid reason for the warning.

I thought RCG doesn't allow a confrontational debate style. My post is warned for Trolling but this is not???

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1821607&page=2
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
If you disagree with the moderator's comment, you may appeal the point. You may also appeal a post you feel should have been warned. Let me know what you'd like to do. Thanks.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=24002325

I would like to edit this post so it does not violate any rules but I do not see anything wrong with it.
I don't believe this warning is valid but I would rather edit it than take a chance appealing a 3 point warning.
Please explain just this small part of your comment:
A single negative review in the right place is always ok.- Does this mean I can no longer post in the HK forum because I already posted more than once or does it mean members are only allowed to post Pro-HK comments? The extremely Pro-HK members are allowed to post unlimited positive reviews. They are allowed to stalk me and make repeated confrontational posts in an effort to discredit me or to elicit an emotional response but that activity is ignored by the Mods. This is a form of trolling. (YES IT HAS BEEN REPORTED as you know), Surely my occasional negative post is negated by the barrage of replies designed to discredit me EVERY time I post. I ignore them but they just can't ignore me.
There are several Hundred negative HK threads in that forum. I don't post reviews, I reply to other members posts and I am usually on topic.
Am I allowed to post in the HK forum like everyone else or have I exceeded my One post limit? Please answer these simple questions to avoid future problems.

All BS aside. I understand that HK is a very large advertiser on RCG and you don't like that my comments in these threads highlight the known problems at HK. The "Complaints Department" thread with all it's rule violating Pro-HK fanatics over at the HK Forum has finally been Shut Down but now it has been reborn at RCG. The only difference is that at RCG the Mods don't take part in the attacks they just allow them. Please clean up the mess in the HK forum or shut it down. Be fair and impartial to all members. Don't allow a few members to stalk and Flame other membes it is a "form of trolling".
I thought RCG doesn't allow a confrontational debate style.
"Please remember that RCGroups believes strongly in protecting the dignity of its users and a confrontational debate style is not welcome here."
Last edited by valanti256; Feb 04, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
I did not warn this post. I will get more clarification from the mod who did. Ultimately, you may have to appeal the point.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
I wish to edit not appeal.
Please have the Mod that warned me reply and answer my questions.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
Here are the mod's comments on your questions:

"A single negative review in the right place is always ok."- Does this mean I can no longer post in the HK forum because I already posted more than once or does it mean members are only allowed to post Pro-HK comments?
You can post a single negative review. Sometimes, you can get away with posting a few. You cannot constantly post against a vendor. The mods get complaints everyday about his posting behavior in this forum. This applies to any type of review. A good rule of thumb is one review per experience. Every negative or positive experience you have with a vendor, you can post a single review about it. (By "experience," I mean a sale or transaction. I don't mean to say that you can post about it every single time you interact with customer service over the course of a single sale).

"The extremely Pro-HK members are allowed to post unlimited positive reviews. They are allowed to stalk me and make repeated confrontational posts in an effort to discredit me or to elicit an emotional response but that activity is ignored by the Mods. This is a form of trolling. (YES IT HAS BEEN REPORTED as you know), Surely my occasional negative post is negated by the barrage of replies designed to discredit me EVERY time I post. I ignore them but they just can't ignore me."
The moderators deal with over 100 reports every single day, so I have no idea which posts he is specifically referring to. If a post was not infracted, it can be appealed (if indeed it was not infracted, though it's also possible that you are not aware when a post is being infracted if the poster edits quickly). This user mentions another user, who also posts obnoxiously on this forum. I'm not sure why he thinks this user is not being infracted, but I'd assure him that the mods are well aware that this user has a habit of trolling. As far as posters "discrediting" him, I don't see why a user would be infracted for "discrediting" something he says. Disagreeing is ok. Attacking someone's reputation or character is not, but I'm not sure which is going on in since I don't know which posts we're discussing.

Am I allowed to post in the HK forum like everyone else or have I exceeded my One post limit?
I wouldn't suggest it, but I haven't prohibited it.

All BS aside. I understand that HK is a very large advertiser on RCG and you don't like that my comments in these threads highlight the known problems at HK.
Every post that has been infracted has been in response to several complaints, from several different users. So far as I know, HK has never contacted us about this user, and we have infracted/banned other users who have campaigned against vendors that we have no connection to.

Please clean up the mess in the HK forum or shut it down. Be fair and impartial to all members. Don't allow a few members to stalk and Flame other membes it is a "form of trolling".
The vendor forums, next to the LTUP and FPV, is probably one of the biggest sources of reports and infractions, and we do infract lots of users who post in favor of HK and other vendors who flame other users they do not agree with. The moderators do not personally know a single member on RCG (except staff), and we typically don't even know the username of the poster when we are reviewing a report. We only review posts that are reported, so sometimes it may look like the moderators are only infracting one side because only one side of an argument is reporting posts. That said, I would definitely review the rules before reporting any posts so you don't get infracted for obnoxious behavior. If you are not reporting the specific comments in a post, but rather a general habit of trolling, I'd provide a few examples in a single report of this behavior, perhaps provide a handful of links in the message section of the report.

If you have any other issues, you will need to use the appeal process.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Doube Standard Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by awagar View Post
Here are the mod's comments on your questions:

You can post a single negative review. Sometimes, you can get away with posting a few. You cannot constantly post against a vendor. The mods get complaints everyday about his posting behavior in this forum. This applies to any type of review. A good rule of thumb is one review per experience. Every negative or positive experience you have with a vendor, you can post a single review about it. (By "experience," I mean a sale or transaction. I don't mean to say that you can post about it every single time you interact with customer service over the course of a single sale).
Let me guess who's complaining every day, porcia83, kcv6, trexmad, rcalldaylong, 3D astronaut, imgumby. They post endlessly in the HK forum seldom about an experience or even about the topic. They post simply to mock me and others. Is this group also being restricted to One review per experience? NO! You are saying I cannot reply to other members threads. That's fine, then those frequent HK posters mentioned above should not reply either. Why don't you use the same standard for all members. A few organized members are manipulating the system to censor me. It's possible they may even be HK employees?

Quote:
The moderators deal with over 100 reports every single day, so I have no idea which posts he is specifically referring to. If a post was not infracted, it can be appealed (if indeed it was not infracted, though it's also possible that you are not aware when a post is being infracted if the poster edits quickly). This user mentions another user, who also posts obnoxiously on this forum. I'm not sure why he thinks this user is not being infracted, but I'd assure him that the mods are well aware that this user has a habit of trolling. As far as posters "discrediting" him, I don't see why a user would be infracted for "discrediting" something he says. Disagreeing is ok. Attacking someone's reputation or character is not, but I'm not sure which is going on in since I don't know which posts we're discussing.
I'm not going to report the 25 posts that mock me every time I comment in someone's thread. Then I get warned for Obnoxious reporting.
Here's some of the posts we're discussing.

Look at this thread and tell me this is not a form of trolling.
One post per experience?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1821607

Or this One, full of repeated posts mocking me. A form of trolling but Ignored. Where any of these multiple posts about a HK experience? No.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1816265&page=2

Or look at this One. I didn't even post and there was reply after reply directed at and mocking me. Some of the same people posted repeatedly. Were THEY commenting One time about a HK experience. lol This is a form of trolling and it was ignored by the Mods. Looks like a double standard of moderating to me.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ais+for+hobbyk

Quote:
Every post that has been infracted has been in response to several complaints, from several different users. So far as I know, HK has never contacted us about this user, and we have infracted/banned other users who have campaigned against vendors that we have no connection to.
There's no need for HK to contact you it's obvious they have their people controlling what gets posted in this forum. The HK forum is now an advertise and attack forum.
The Mods are allowing a few well organized members to influence their decision whether to warn or not. Try looking at the posts of the members that report me. They are manipulating your report system to CENSOR me and other members but I think you already know and allow that. Selective rule enforcement.

Quote:
The vendor forums, next to the LTUP and FPV, is probably one of the biggest sources of reports and infractions, and we do infract lots of users who post in favor of HK and other vendors who flame other users they do not agree with. The moderators do not personally know a single member on RCG (except staff), and we typically don't even know the username of the poster when we are reviewing a report. We only review posts that are reported, so sometimes it may look like the moderators are only infracting one side because only one side of an argument is reporting posts. That said, I would definitely review the rules before reporting any posts so you don't get infracted for obnoxious behavior. If you are not reporting the specific comments in a post, but rather a general habit of trolling, I'd provide a few examples in a single report of this behavior, perhaps provide a handful of links in the message section of the report.
It's obvious that the RCG Mods use a Double Standard when enforcing rules in the HK forum. One standard for Pro-HK members and another for members that are not Pro-HK. The Pro-HK people get a teflon coating and the rest are examined under a microscope. That is very obvious.
You never did answer the question, what needs to be edited because my post doesn't violate any forum rules. I'm just being CENSORED. So I will remove the post. It's time to review your moderation and I'm not the only One saying that.
Last edited by valanti256; Feb 05, 2013 at 09:29 AM.