HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:58 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,804 Posts
check your props too, in video 19 i noticed the right mount vibrating a lot. You'll loose alot of power running an imbalanced system.
foam and tape is online now Find More Posts by foam and tape
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:40 AM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
India, Andhra Pradesh, Guntur
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
thank you.

what do u say about ailevon (aileron + elevator mix). will it helps in our situation.

should i opt flybar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather View Post
Forward flight looked good!
jyothibasu1k is offline Find More Posts by jyothibasu1k
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:42 AM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
yes your ri8.. both the throttles have been flushed away from the mounting at different time. so remounted them again correctly.

what do u suggest me to do now to get success...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
check your props too, in video 19 i noticed the right mount vibrating a lot. You'll loose alot of power running an imbalanced system.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:30 AM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyothibasu1k View Post
thank you.

what do u say about ailevon (aileron + elevator mix). will it helps in our situation.

should i opt flybar.
Jyo, How much time do yo have left to complete this project. Back in the beginning of December you had told me that you only had 2 or 3 months for this project. Do you still have a deadline?
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:08 AM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
yes our project time ends by this feb month or maximum we can request for 1 week in march.

Quote:
Jyo, How much time do yo have left to complete this project. Back in the beginning of December you had told me that you only had 2 or 3 months for this project. Do you still have a deadline?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:22 AM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
@foam and tape

should we use counter rotating propeller or CX blades.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:23 AM
Joined Oct 2004
2,642 Posts
Better use counter-rotating propellers. You can just about manage with equal handed propellers, but they will cause a lot of trouble in fine-tuning and cause some nasty handling effects.
Brandano is online now Find More Posts by Brandano
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Aug 2007
3,906 Posts
I recommend GWS gyros or similar since I don't think you have enough time left to learn MultiWii.

I think your multiwii will have to have an accelerometer if you use one. If you want MultiWii then here is some code for you. It's for use with a ProMini arduino. I'm not sure which arduino pin to use for the motors but it's either digital 3, 10, 11, or 9. Plug your ESC signal wire into one of these until it works. This code has not been tested so you will have to do that.

At the top of the file you can change the delay of when hover or forward flight controls start here...

Code:
 int userHoverDelay =350;                  //QTR   350 is about three seconds.   Is is the amount of time to waite until hover controls work.
 int userForwardFlightDelay =350;          //QTR   350 is about three seconds.   Is is the amount of time to waite until forward fligt controls work.

You can change the motor and servo commands here... (Change a sign from + to - if you need to reverse the servo direction.
Code:
///////////////////////////QTR Motor and Servo commands./////////////////////////////
void hover()
     {
      motor[0] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] -axisPID[ROLL];                                               //Left  Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.
      motor[1] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] -axisPID[ROLL];                                               //Right Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.
       servo[1] = constrain(1500 +axisPID[PITCH] +axisPID[YAW], 1020, 2000);                   //Left  Aileron     Arduino Pin- A0
       servo[2] = constrain(1500 +axisPID[PITCH] -axisPID[YAW], 1020, 2000);                   //Right Aileron     Arduino Pin- A1
       servo[3] = constrain(1500 +rcCommand[PITCH],                 1020, 2000);                   //Back  Elevator    Arduino Pin- A2
     }

void forwardFlight()
     {
      motor[0] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] +rcCommand[YAW];                                              //Left  Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.                      
      motor[1] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] +rcCommand[YAW];                                              //Right Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.   
       servo[1] = constrain(1500 +rcCommand[ROLL],    1020, 2000);                                 //Left  Aileron     Arduino Pin- A0
       servo[2] = constrain(1500 -rcCommand[ROLL],    1020, 2000);                                 //Right Aileron     Arduino Pin- A1
       servo[3] = constrain(1500 +rcCommand[PITCH]+1, 1020, 2000);                                 //Back  Elevator    Arduino Pin- A2             (+1 for trim.)
     }
///////////////////////////QTR Motor and Servo commands./////////////////////////////
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCvertt; Feb 21, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:45 PM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
thanks for your concern.

wii how much time will it take to shipping in hobby king, last time it took around 15 days i hope so.

now i m thinking of this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._GYRO_ACC.html

what do u say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
I recommend GWS gyros or similar since I don't think you have enough time left to learn MultiWii.

I think your multiwii will have to have an accelerometer if you use one. If you want MultiWii then here is some code for you. It's for use with a ProMini arduino. I'm not sure which arduino pin to use for the motors but it's either digital 3, 10, 11, or 9. Plug your ESC signal wire into one of these until it works. This code has not been tested so you will have to do that.

At the top of the file you can change the delay of when hover or forward flight controls start here...

Code:
 int userHoverDelay =350;                  //QTR   350 is about three seconds.   Is is the amount of time to waite until hover controls work.
 int userForwardFlightDelay =350;          //QTR   350 is about three seconds.   Is is the amount of time to waite until forward fligt controls work.

You can change the motor and servo commands here... (Change a sign from + to - if you need to reverse the servo direction.
Code:
void hover()
     {
      motor[0] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] -axisPID[ROLL];                                               //Left  Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.
      motor[1] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] -axisPID[ROLL];                                               //Right Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.
       servo[1] = constrain(1500 +axisPID[PITCH] +axisPID[YAW], 1020, 2000);                   //Left  Aileron     Arduino Pin- A0
       servo[2] = constrain(1500 +axisPID[PITCH] -axisPID[YAW], 1020, 2000);                   //Right Aileron     Arduino Pin- A1
       servo[3] = constrain(1500 +rcCommand[PITCH],                 1020, 2000);                   //Back  Elevator    Arduino Pin- A2
     }

void forwardFlight()
     {
      motor[0] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] +rcCommand[YAW];                                              //Left  Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.                      
      motor[1] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] +rcCommand[YAW];                                              //Right Motor       Arduino Pin- 3, 10, 11, 9.   
       servo[1] = constrain(1500 +rcCommand[ROLL],    1020, 2000);                                 //Left  Aileron     Arduino Pin- A0
       servo[2] = constrain(1500 -rcCommand[ROLL],    1020, 2000);                                 //Right Aileron     Arduino Pin- A1
       servo[3] = constrain(1500 +rcCommand[PITCH]+1, 1020, 2000);                                 //Back  Elevator    Arduino Pin- A2             (+1 for trim.)
     }
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:46 PM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
i am using counter prop only..... foam had used CX blades i hope so asking him a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandano View Post
Better use counter-rotating propellers. You can just about manage with equal handed propellers, but they will cause a lot of trouble in fine-tuning and cause some nasty handling effects.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:18 PM
Joined Aug 2007
3,906 Posts
Quote:
...now i m thinking of this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._GYRO_ACC.html

what do u say.
I say bad.

It doesn't use the 328p chip so we don't know if the 1.7 code I posted is compatible.

Also none of these boards have the pins labeled. HobbyKing sells a 5v Nano that has all the pins clearly labeled. They also sell the motion plus gyro and nunchuck accel. They probably also sell a USB to miniUSB cable. I can't help with any of the "all in one" boards.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:22 AM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
then what is ur advice ?

u said multi wii in ur previous post.

tell me clearly which is best and provide any web link of it so that i am not confused regarding their models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
I say bad.

It doesn't use the 328p chip so we don't know if the 1.7 code I posted is compatible.

Also none of these boards have the pins labeled. HobbyKing sells a 5v Nano that has all the pins clearly labeled. They also sell the motion plus gyro and nunchuck accel. They probably also sell a USB to miniUSB cable. I can't help with any of the "all in one" boards.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:58 AM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,186 Posts
Quote:
hi, i hope that i told you that i brought kk 2.1 multicopter board. its not kk1

i did not buy it, just borrowed from one of my frd.

i found vtol option in that programming option.

program was over and need to be tested
Jyo,

Do you still have this KK board available for your project?
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:41 AM
NoT iNtElLiGeNt
Joined Jan 2011
126 Posts
its not working, so left it.

i will surely follow you, tell me what to do

what are my problems you have seen in the latest videos..

Quote:
Jyo,

Do you still have this KK board available for your project?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Aug 2007
3,906 Posts
Quote:
then what is ur advice ?...
Sorry, meant Arduino Nano...

Arduino Nano board. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ler_Board.html
Wii Nunchuk accelerometer. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...i_Nunchuk.html
Wii Motion Plus gyros. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...tion_Plus.html

...or better yet go with what LeadFeather says. I see that you have a dead line of 10 days left. Not enough time to build a MultiWii.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCvertt; Feb 22, 2013 at 06:25 AM.