HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tzod28, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Need help!

Hey I'm going to be getting a rc car and I am looking for one strictly for bashing. What would some of you recommend and also which one would be better 2wd or 4x4?
Tzod28 is offline Find More Posts by Tzod28
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:41 AM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,045 Posts
Thats a difficult question. Personally I love the Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL on a 3 cell lipo for electric. Nitro is the Traxxas Revo 3.3. Gas is the ever popular HPI Baja. Each has its downfalls but all around its the Slash.

So the main questions:
What type of vehicle? Car, Truck, Short Course Truck, Buggie
Scale you are looking for? 1:8, 1:10, 1:16, 1:18, 1:32
Electric, Nitro or Gas?
Whats your price range? Sadly this usually limits us all

With those questions answered I can point you in a pretty good direction.

Adam
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:51 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
I'm going electric and 1/10 scale. I've been looking between the rustler, slash or stampede and $650 is my price limit
Tzod28 is offline Find More Posts by Tzod28
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:39 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,045 Posts
Ok, well the slash will put up with more abuse. The only downside to the slash is it will break a rear arm in jumps every once in a while if it hits just wrong.

I love the rustler but if you hit the front end you tend to break arms and knuckles.

The stampede is about the same but you will spend a good amount of time flipping it back over as its top heavy and rolls around corners.

The slash will absorb most if not all hits and will almost never flip over. Buy a vxl and save for a charger and a 3 cell lipo to get he best out of it. If you don't want to do that you can go for a couple extra nicd batteries and a decent charger that will charge 2 batteries at once.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue