Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 26, 2003, 10:36 AM
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2003
436 Posts
I Don't Know What To Get!

i got a laser4 radio with all micro servos and reciver. i also have a 2 cell 1500mAh li-poly and a 2 cell 700mAh li-poly. i also have about $200 to spend on an airplane or helicopter(i was looking at getting a hornet micro heli.) i also like to build from scratch. i was thinking maybe a covering iron and monokote so i could build my own airplane. or maybe get an alpha mustang or corsair. i dont know what i should get! how are the alpha kits any way? do the go to gether fast and easy?
EKI16 is offline Find More Posts by EKI16
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2003, 12:30 PM
Let er Rip
Long Island, NY
Joined Oct 2003
3,111 Posts
EK116

Ya might want to have a look here as far as Alpha Birds are concerned.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=181239

You would need more then a fair amount of stick time to fly these planes.

Jim G
Pilot44 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot44
Old Dec 26, 2003, 01:59 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Orebro, Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
3,155 Posts
EKI16, tha Alfa warbirds are great. Some that DONŽT have them and havenŽt flown them say that they are too expensive for a foamie, but EVERYONE who has one seems to agree that they are very well worth the cost. This should tell you something, but IŽll leave it up to you to decide WHAT it meens!

As for getting them ready to fly, they go together very fast. There is no actual building involved, just putting in the radio, motor and servos, hooking it up and then youŽre ready to go fly!

For what they are (thouroughbread warbirds) they are easy to fly, especcially when built light (you mentioned Lipolys, which are very well suited for these planes), but they are NOT suitable for a beginner. If this would be your first R/C plane, or your first aileronplane, I would advice you to get something else first. GWS E-Starter is a good ailerontrainer, that would be an excellent choice. It would even be a good choice as a first model if you have someone to help instruct you for the first flights.

I apologise if I jumped to conclusions as far as your flyingskills. If you are allready an intermediate pilot with experience in flying with ailerons, or if you are an advanced pilot, the Alfa warbirds would be an excellent choice.

Anders
Zeroaltitude is offline Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude
Last edited by Zeroaltitude; Dec 26, 2003 at 02:02 PM.