Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:22 PM
one man's trash
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking order ships from singapore???

Hi all,
I put in an order to Hobbyking over a week ago, it shipped and I got a tracking #. I have placed many orders with HK and no trouble so far, but this particular order shipped from Singapore and is not coming up on the tracking website. I am just wondering if anyone else has experience, good or bad, with orders from HK that shipped out of Singapore.
Thanks all!
TheDingus is offline Find More Posts by TheDingus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined Apr 2007
11 Posts
Orders shipped from China

If you have things shipped from China (and who doesn't these days-much better prices!) try to get it shipped via the carrier EMS. Not sure about US but here in Canada there is very little cost and it is delivered to my door by Canada Post. For example, a receiver shipped from China cost me $4.99. Last week I had an order shipped from SIG in US and UPS total cost was $87.00 for an order of $123.00 They charged SIG $40.00 to pickup-and added another $47.00 before I could have it delivered; and BTW-the customs duty was only $9.47 (and is not included in that $87.00) YES-that is THEFT and we are all too familiar with that !
With theft like that going on-is it any wonder why our economy is going down the drain. So I now order all from China and have it shipped by EMS.
northiceman is offline Find More Posts by northiceman
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:08 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDingus View Post
Hi all,
I put in an order to Hobbyking over a week ago, it shipped and I got a tracking #. I have placed many orders with HK and no trouble so far, but this particular order shipped from Singapore and is not coming up on the tracking website. I am just wondering if anyone else has experience, good or bad, with orders from HK that shipped out of Singapore.
Thanks all!
Does your order involve lipo batteries?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Just made an order from HK and it did the same thing. I meant to ship EMS but somehow it was shipped air parcel. I did not have Lipos in my order. I believe the tracking for air parcel is much less precise and takes a little longer.
daughtry50 is offline Find More Posts by daughtry50
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:13 PM
RC Man Child!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Mar 2010
205 Posts
If you purchase any batteries, they will freight your order to Singapore for shipping. It will add days to the process. I highly recommend purchasing lipos from a closer warehouse if possible.
dhdsracer is offline Find More Posts by dhdsracer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:48 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,663 Posts
Sometimes the Hong Kong/Chines postal companies can take a while before the tracking number goes live,i've had more than one parcel turn up on my doorstep and the tracking number didn't go live until then and sometimes after.

This isn't a Hobbyking thing but more to do with Asian postal service,but having said that my EMS tracking numbers normally go live about a day after HK sends it out,it's normally signed for airmail that takes a while for the tracking number to go live for what ever reason with or with out lipos,at the end of the day it doesn't bother me as i'm still getting my parcels well on time no matter if the tracking number was working or not.

All in all i'm more than happy with the shipping from Hong Kong/China no matter who i'm buying my RC goods from,at the end of the day i'm saving money and in this day and age thats one of the main reasons i shop online from Asia.
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:15 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,083 Posts
I just recently ordered two different packages, one came from Singapore the other from Hong Kong. Must be different facilities and or warehouses. Works for me
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz