HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:27 PM
Mentor, Ohio
Joined Dec 2004
91 Posts
Careful!
Bad Experience With Readytoflyquads - Paul Baxter - Witespy

I was a first time customer of readytoflyquads - Paul Baxter. A few weeks ago, I ordered 4 motors. Paul sent the WRONG motors. Paul admitted to sending the wrong motors. I was forced to open a PayPal dispute (that I won) to get a refund. Since the mistake was 100% Paulís fault, I asked for reimbursement on shipping charges. Nothing, very poor customer Service. I found a much better vendor and will NEVER buy anything from readytoflyquads - Paul Baxter - Witespy again. Apparently, I'm not the only one having trouble with Paul. I have a seen a few other threads where customers are very unhappy with his customer service as well.

I realize most of these companies are small businesses run out of a basement or garage. However, customer service is customer service. If a vendor takes your money, it is their responsibility to provide the right product in a timely manner. If they can't do that, well maybe they should try doing something else.
ckalkhof is offline Find More Posts by ckalkhof
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2013, 02:56 PM
ARMY ATC (93C)
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jan 2005
1,114 Posts
+1 not crazy about 20awg wiring on the ESC's power side either. Nor that I didn't expect to get JST connectors and 1" power leads. VERY slow communication as well. and slow shipping.
mjbennett9 is offline Find More Posts by mjbennett9
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:23 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2013
671 Posts
Well, ive used him several times and actually have had the chance to meet him when i didn't want to wait for shipping. Remember a lot of these company's are small as you said and usually very busy as for the quad hobby there are not a lot of vendors so if someone rushes them or is rude then it will only increase the chance of a rude reply. As for myself i haven't had any issues yet, in-fact every time i have ordered something i usually get something extra for free as for most of his customers!

acessford101 is offline Find More Posts by acessford101
Old Feb 26, 2014, 01:10 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Sorry for all the problems you had, we will work to resolve them . All the orders are hand checked and tested before shipping. I try to catch all the problems, but some might not show up until later.

we work hard to keep things in stock, and those units will be back in stock this week.

We are working very hard to get orders and repairs out the door for everyone. We also have some new awesome products for everyone. thank you for the support.

thank you for your patience, we had a storm of orders, we are working 24/7 to get everyone's order correct.

we are a one man shop thanks a ton to flitetest for making the storm, but we are working on weathering it, and will come out stronger for everyone. we have all the units in stock if you ordered, please give me a couple extra days. I am a one man shop, growing, working 24/7 to solve all the problems and orders everyone has.

Flite Test - RTF Quads - REVIEW (10 min 47 sec)

I am very humble to have all the customers that understand how hard I am working. no sleep

I will not lower the quality of the builds to slam them out the door. each one will be flying the same once the ship out the door. This might take longer or shorter for some.
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:04 PM
United States, FL, Miami Beach
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
HEY Paul. Where's my order? It's been over a month. You aren't responding to emails or phone calls. Started a paypal dispute and you don't respond to that either.
dc9guy is offline Find More Posts by dc9guy
Old Mar 14, 2014, 03:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
Same here, no respond at all
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
Old Mar 30, 2014, 03:40 PM
Joined Jan 2014
49 Posts
We should all rent a coach and go and visit him
Can you imagine 40+ people knocking on his door
Dude where are our orders
ROTFLMAO
texanplowboy is offline Find More Posts by texanplowboy
Old Apr 04, 2014, 02:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
138 Posts
got my stuff

ordered an apm kit from paul two weeks ago. shortly after i found this thread and got a bit uneasy. it did take a week and an email for him to ship but got the entire order yesterday. main board was a bit dirty with some SMTs slightly canted but it booted up and reflashed just fine. oh, and either by mistake or because he was out paul sent a better power module than i ordered.

i'm happy. he may not be faster than the chinese competiton, but he understands his product, charges competitively and, if that counts for anything, some of the money stays in the country

hopefully the rest of you gets your stuff soon too
fpvwannabe is offline Find More Posts by fpvwannabe
Old Apr 05, 2014, 10:32 PM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
we work hard
We are working very hard
We also have some new awesome products
we had a storm of orders,
we are working 24/7 to get everyone's order correct.
we are working on weathering it
we have all the units in stock

we are a one man shop
I am a one man shop
Must be royalty or has multiple personalities.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Apr 06, 2014, 03:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
Still nothing from Paul.. Hes not responding to emails either
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:27 PM
sfu
Joined Jan 2014
54 Posts
Same here. Opened a paypal dispute and still no response.
sfu is offline Find More Posts by sfu
Old Apr 10, 2014, 05:08 PM
United States, FL, Miami Beach
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
If Paul is out of stock on something he will not respond to any inquiries. Not email or phone calls.... If he has it in stock it ships in a few days. It's hit or miss. He's just that busy.
dc9guy is offline Find More Posts by dc9guy
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
It got so bad with my order that I had to file a Mastercard and a Paypal dispute with him. It was an order that I used 2 types of payment as I added something to my order using a different payment type.

My paypal got refunded as well as my Mastercard but.... Mastercard rebilled me
because I had not provided some info that they wanted (through a Mastercard Capital one notification on the site - I never read that stuff)

Anyways, long story short. He still owes me... does'nt respond to any emails, nothing...

Lousy business model IMO. They guy could do good to loose the EGO maybe and get some help and leave these crappy experiences behind.

Still would like my $36.84

Brent
brent.downey is offline Find More Posts by brent.downey
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
Still nothing from Paul since 3 months ago. I recommend buying from Another vendor.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:40 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Apr 2014
62 Posts
I placed 2 orders on Thursday 4/17, I emailed same day using the contact form to see if he could bundle my orders to save on shipping. Most bigger shops can do that, grant it its only $4 bucks so I wasnt holding my breath.

He retruned my email on Sunday night, saying he would try and combine shipping, that my orders were processing and will be shipped as soon as possible. I received a paypal and stamps.com email today that my orders have shipped.

Being Good Friday was a holiday, I am satisfied so far with his CS. Lets see when the products arrive. I'll keep you posted. So far so good.
Jimbo305 is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo305