Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:51 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
It looks a pretty good guide. I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert but for the countries I do know a little about they are placed where I would expect them to be placed. For example France with tighter privacy laws is below the US and UK and Italy with the whole Berlusconi thing is again a jump down the table.
The US and the UK being down the table may simply reflect that we do more stuff that we don't think should be in the public domain. It's easy to have total freedom of the press when you don't have an advanced weapons development program for example. Or when you are engaged in an armed conflict then for clear and sensible reasons you are going to have press restrictions.
mortato is online now Find More Posts by mortato
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Mar 2008
627 Posts
http://www.smileyandwest.com/uncateg...ories-of-2012/

Discuss...
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:14 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
Interesting. Their source has a more comprehensive list.

Top Censored Stories of 2013

I'll start with this one.

US Joins Forces with al-Qaeda in Syria

George Galloway pointed this out in parliament the other day. David Cameron attacks the messenger because he cannot answer the message.

David Cameron slaps down George Galloway (1 min 2 sec)
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:58 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,512 Posts
Gorgeous George was on Any Questions the other night, and he wiped the floor with most of the milk-toast politicians that accompanied him on the panel. Only Ken Clarke held his own. Amongst the topics discussed were the corruption in the police and the links to the phone hacking scandal. It is a topic that he has personal experience of.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer