HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:24 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
oh yeah, keep in mind anything lipo takes much longer. like, drive to the other side of china, then ship it (not joking, postage regulations about lipos)

southwest arizona, using registered, i get 14 day avrage. 2.99 shipping takes from 14 - 30 days)
add 3 weeks if you order from jan15 to feb28

edit: i just sae you paid EMS and got it in 8 days. that very fast. faster than normal (for me, anyways.)
i wonder if they really push EMS during the holiday? BIM had that happen to him before.

might be something to keep in mind.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
Yeah I got my package in 3 days going UPS express which was $12 more than EMS the first time I ordered a package from them. I mean I've heard the horror stories and I'm not doubting they do happen. However, I also understand that online horror stories account for a very VERY small percentage of transactions and usually the most vocal people are the dissatisfied ones which is totally understandable as I'd be super pissed if my $hundreds package got lost too.
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:26 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,696 Posts
FWIW,
My latest HK order took 4 days to get in the USPS tracking system after it was marked Shipped by HK.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:41 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,696 Posts
OUCH!!
It took 6 days to get through to the sorting center...still in Hong Kong.

Must have been some pile up of orders.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
Chinese new year and all. They literally shut almost the whole country down for a week or 10 days or something.
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:52 AM
Low altitude flyboy
Minneapolis
Joined May 2010
325 Posts
I placed my first HK order for some lipos about two weeks ago. I'm not expecting to get them for a while. I haven't checked the tracking or anything. When they finally get here it will be a nice surprise.

I resisted buying from HK as long as I could. But necessity forced my hand. I have read all sorts of horror stories, but it seems most people eventually get their stuff.

Patience Grasshopper......

Mal
MajorMal is offline Find More Posts by MajorMal
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:56 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
270 Posts
Patience is a virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMal View Post
I placed my first HK order for some lipos about two weeks ago. I'm not expecting to get them for a while. I haven't checked the tracking or anything. When they finally get here it will be a nice surprise.

I resisted buying from HK as long as I could. But necessity forced my hand. I have read all sorts of horror stories, but it seems most people eventually get their stuff.

Patience Grasshopper......

Mal
I have had lots of HK orders from the Intl. Warehouse, even a few from the JIT site in China, and I got them all. I have had only one issue when it took nearly 45 days, and it was my own local PO that screwed up, not HK. I have found HK to be reliable, and shippers to be not so much.
Has anyone else noticed a "shortage" of some Lipos at HK USA, and at other vendors? I've been wanting to stock up on a few 3s 2200mah for summer flying--and it seems they are either backordered at most vendors, or ridiculously expensive.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:06 AM
Low altitude flyboy
Minneapolis
Joined May 2010
325 Posts
I ordered 3 lipos on 2-16. I received them today 3-7. Not bad. Especially for the amount I saved and the fact I couldn't find the size anywhere else.

The moral of the story is you have to be patient with them. But I would prefer to buy from an American source. I would pay more to know that a fellow American businessman was feeding his family with my business.
MajorMal is offline Find More Posts by MajorMal
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:06 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,696 Posts
Update on my orders:
1st order, Feb 20 arrived March 6 - 14 days
2nd order Feb 23, arrived March 6th - 11 days
Not bad at all - shipped International Air (registered).