HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:15 AM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Discussion
HK Tracking and Shipping times?

I placed an order two weeks ago for a battery and turnigy charger.
This is my first order with them.
I was under the impression that it may take longer to get it, but my tracking number for one order when entered into the singapore site returns nothing.
I don't even have a tracking number for my other order (which is one item, the turnigy neck strap).

What are the normal times I should expect from HK? For tracking and shipping....
lardo5150 is offline Find More Posts by lardo5150
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:50 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,112 Posts
Are you referring to HongKong Post? With that you have to enter the Country in the second block. I haven't used SingPost.

#1 - My experience lately is 3-4 weeks from HongKong. It can take several days for the tracking number to appear. Is it marked as shipped?

#2 - What was the delivery selection for the neckstrap? If it was the International Air no tracking numbers are given. If it was International Air with tracking ($1 more) than a tracking number would be shown.
See shipping options 2 and 3.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Feb 01, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Are you referring to HongKong Post? With that you have to enter the Country in the second block. I haven't used SingPost.

#1 - My experience lately is 3-4 weeks from HongKong. It can take several days for the tracking number to appear. Is it marked as shipped?

#2 - What was the delivery selection for the neckstrap? If it was the International Air no tracking numbers are given. If it was International Air with tracking ($1 more) than a tracking number would be shown.
See shipping options 2 and 3.
Both are shipped.
Crap, I did not choose tracking for the neck strap

Ya, it is singapore post. Nothing shows ups.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:42 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,112 Posts
Don't worry, 82 orders and they all eventually arrived and I mostly use the non-registered mail if I can. If they are not here in 30 days, use PayPal to safeguard your monies.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:45 PM
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Don't worry, 82 orders and they all eventually arrived and I mostly use the non-registered mail if I can. If they are not here in 30 days, use PayPal to safeguard your monies.
Yep, that is what I plan on doing.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:17 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,783 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much Lardo,don't forget HK is on the other side of the world,it's not like your ordering from your local country where your parcels will be will you in a matter of days.
Just remember if you use the cheaper method of shipping then you will have to wait longer,but as rule my parcels get to me from Hong Kong to the UK well with in the three week mark,normally around two weeks depending on shipping method i've picked,thats with most of the Chinese/Hong Kong merchants that i might use,so it's not like Hobbyking are slowing orders down or anything,i find things go fast from Hong Kong/China to the UK but then slow right down once they get into the UK because of custom checks and of the like.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:29 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
275 Posts
HK Singapore Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
Both are shipped.
Crap, I did not choose tracking for the neck strap

Ya, it is singapore post. Nothing shows ups.
I had some lipos I ordered and knew they would go Swiss Post and have a little European Vacation in Zurich before I got them. But to my surprise they went Singapore Post. Nothing at all on the Singapore tracking for a week. Then it said they had a record of it--that was all. Next day it showed up on USPS in NYC ISC. Singapore Post is not bad time-wise, but their tracking is really poor.
Latest order I made with no lipos went Singapore Post. Chat line said they had made a mistake at HK and sent it through them in error. Oh well, it'll get here eventually.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:58 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
Placed an order with them last Sunday, had the option for UPS Express $42 or International Registered Mail for $30. Chose to pay the extra $12 for UPS. Package arrived Wednesday, literally 3 business days from China, I am not making this up and can screenshot it if anyone doubts it. Placed another order yesterday, no UPS option, chose EMS and got an email tonight showing it shipped. Figure it'll hit USPS Mon/Tues and get to me Sat/Mon. Do yourself a favor and pony up the few bucks for the premium shipping. You are often saving $hundreds on the order so why cheap out on shipping over $10-$20? This last order I placed for a Turnigy 9x and FrSky Telemetry module is comparable to a $520 Hitec or $700+ Futaba/JR system. Paid $150 for that stuff and a few other goodies and EMS shipping vs $130 for econo shipping.
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:53 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
EVERY order I have ever placed with them has shown up eventually. I usually get my packages within 3 weeks when I don't pay for ems. My last EMS order was to my door in 3 days from half way around the world. The tracking info is rarely updated correctly, I get half of my packages while they say "origin host preparing shipment" lol. My last non EMS order was about two and a half weeks. It really just depends on how busy but just know that Chinese new year is coming up so if you need to order anything, be prepared to wait a while!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:55 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Placed an order with them last Sunday, had the option for UPS Express $42 or International Registered Mail for $30. Chose to pay the extra $12 for UPS. Package arrived Wednesday, literally 3 business days from China, I am not making this up and can screenshot it if anyone doubts it. Placed another order yesterday, no UPS option, chose EMS and got an email tonight showing it shipped. Figure it'll hit USPS Mon/Tues and get to me Sat/Mon. Do yourself a favor and pony up the few bucks for the premium shipping. You are often saving $hundreds on the order so why cheap out on shipping over $10-$20? This last order I placed for a Turnigy 9x and FrSky Telemetry module is comparable to a $520 Hitec or $700+ Futaba/JR system. Paid $150 for that stuff and a few other goodies and EMS shipping vs $130 for econo shipping.
This is exactly how I look at it. If I am getting electronics or micros, the money I am saving is more than the expedited, half way around the world in less than 5 days shipping. Heck I place orders from U.S. based vendors that take over a week to arrive..
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:42 AM
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Ya, not really complaining, but just my first experience. I was not aware it would take longer than two weeks. Price is worth it though, you are right.

I guess I am just ready for my battery and charger to show up so I can fly
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Still no show.
Dispatched it says.
This is by far THE slowest shipping I have ever dealt with, and I have ordered products straight from China before.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:47 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Still no show.
Dispatched it says.
This is by far THE slowest shipping I have ever dealt with, and I have ordered products straight from China before.
Welcome to Chinese New Year...

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:20 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
275 Posts
Usps

Quote:
Still no show.
Dispatched it says.
I've noticed recently that I will get the "dispatched" notice on the Chinese tracking site and then on the USPS site. Used to be the USPS site would show "processed through ISC NY" at least once before it moved out of there. Then the track would show the parcel going to Elizabeth Page NY PO, or Jamaica NY PO, then to our local sorting center here, then the next day to our local PO and me. Lately I see "dispatched" and then nothing until it reaches our local sorting center. I don't know if the actual routing of the parcels has changed, or if the USPS is just not updating the tracking reports like they once did.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Last edited by jchtr3a; Feb 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Jan 2013
88 Posts
The second package I ordered on the 1st arrived on the 8th EMS shipping to the East Coast. That means that it made its way from China to the West Coast from Friday to Monday and then the post office got it to me in 4 days from California. Not bad... not bad at all... just expensive shipping but you still save a ton over someone else total price.
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow