HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:19 AM
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,123 Posts
Discussion
MPU9150 integration

With the MPU9150 now on the Marcy3 board, it's slightly bigger than the Ladybird board. Mounting it somewhere which doesn't flex is the next great task.

The dual I2C busses & new capacitors accounted for that. A wishful crystal to get the PIC as fast as possible added some more size. If the PIC does nothing else, it can get 140 readings of all 9 sensors per second. Without the crystal, it can get 80 hz. 50Hz is probably enough for the application.

Being the low end PIC that it is, only software I2C was justified. If it was concerned with the full attitude stabilization, it would need hardware I2C for the gyro/accel part. The trend is now to use STM32F ARMs for even these nano quads.
Jack Crossfire is offline Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Feb 01, 2013 at 04:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts