SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:40 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, Wyoming
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
Question for the guys already flying. On the set up for the first flights is there any "reflex" needed. On other wings I fly it recommends some up trim for the elevator.
starwarsfan is offline Find More Posts by starwarsfan
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:50 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsfan View Post
Question for the guys already flying. On the set up for the first flights is there any "reflex" needed. On other wings I fly it recommends some up trim for the elevator.
.
Yes.... with that said... set up every thing neutral and level on the bench before your maiden.. then when you get out to the park or field dial in 4 or 5 click of up elevator... than adjust from there as needed for level flight... I have found that if you use the recommended CG point it will stay level at all throttle settings. While inverted you will have to push, but it is completely predictable. It does not seem to need the "noticable" amount reflex that a Zagi or other similar wing requires.
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:00 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,816 Posts
fyi....
.
you will very likely want more than one...!!
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:45 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Got to fly my Crack Wing today! That thing is a total blast to fly!

Tisted Hobbys - Crack Wing (3 min 29 sec)
hercdriver7777 is online now Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:00 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Got to fly my Crack Wing today! That thing is a total blast to fly!
.
+1..!! I agree, great video too
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:07 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
Murman's Avatar
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Got to fly my Crack Wing today! That thing is a total blast to fly!
I'm always amazed by your talent, Chris. Great video. Could you share your setup? Did you use Twisted's "Power Combo" or other gear? Thanks
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:32 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Thanks Murman! Everything there is stock Twisted Hobbys combo and running 7x3.5 prop.

It's a great little performer on the stock package.

Chris
hercdriver7777 is online now Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:01 PM
Registered User
St Louis, Mo
Joined Oct 2010
49 Posts
Im thinking of using a different battery from HK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=22906
K.Jones is offline Find More Posts by K.Jones
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
Murman's Avatar
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Jones View Post
Im thinking of using a different battery from HK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=22906
The 250mAh 2s battery from Twisted Hobbies is 17g. So is the one you linked to. I would say it will work just fine. I've got 4 NanoTech 350mAh 2s packs that weigh 20g I will be using on mine. I doubt 3g will make a huge difference in performance.
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:04 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
627 Posts
maidened mine over the weekend. What a blast to fly this thing. didnt touch my other planes the whole time. Flys slow, flys fast. it was the only thing i flew. gotta get more batteries. speaking of which, my flight times with the smaller prop and the 250 TH lipo were just GREAT. 5 minutes easy. 4 if your zooming around the entire time.. but honestly, i love just gliding down to the ground and blasting out of it inches of the dirt.


my roll rates, however, with the dx6i are not up to par with the vids you guys are posting...? i read the thread regarding the transmitters issue with full travel. they resolve the issue by using the ail and the aux1 channel on the reviever, BUT my issue is i have a micro receiver im using that has no Aux. ports... ?

any suggestions?
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:40 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampflyer View Post
maidened mine over the weekend. What a blast to fly this thing. didnt touch my other planes the whole time. Flys slow, flys fast. it was the only thing i flew. gotta get more batteries. speaking of which, my flight times with the smaller prop and the 250 TH lipo were just GREAT. 5 minutes easy. 4 if your zooming around the entire time.. but honestly, i love just gliding down to the ground and blasting out of it inches of the dirt.


my roll rates, however, with the dx6i are not up to par with the vids you guys are posting...? i read the thread regarding the transmitters issue with full travel. they resolve the issue by using the ail and the aux1 channel on the reviever, BUT my issue is i have a micro receiver im using that has no Aux. ports... ?

any suggestions?
The Roll rates in the Video I posted are not quite as high as the one from Herc. You can enlarge the cutout slightly to get more of one or the other control, but as mentioned in the Manual and Build Post when checking for bind you need to move the sticks to the corners of the Radio's Gimble for full servo movement.
.
Glad you all are starting to get the Maidens done on your Wings... and enjoying them... they are very addicting, easy and FUN.
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:55 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
627 Posts
i think i may have found a solution.

(thanks for the tip cdee.. i'll be sure to check for bind after i make any changes to travel)

How to: Dx6i with elevon mixing to get 125% throw (9 min 0 sec)
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:57 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,816 Posts
Excellent... I thought I had seen that there was some discussion some where about the the Elevon Mixing on the DX6.
.
thank you for posting the video / link.
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:59 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
627 Posts
thought it might be helpful to anyone else with this radio.

(i gotta find a way to talk the wife into lettting me get a new transmitter. lol)
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:52 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampflyer View Post
thought it might be helpful to anyone else with this radio.

(i gotta find a way to talk the wife into lettting me get a new transmitter. lol)
.
Just tell her you need a second one so that your and her can both fly...
.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak! hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 181 Sep 13, 2013 03:54 AM
Sold Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak - LPU Air Candy Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jan 30, 2013 12:34 AM
Sold Twisted Hobby Crack Yak - RTF Roly72 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Jan 22, 2013 12:18 PM
Sold Twisted Hobby Crack Yak Roly72 Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 21, 2013 07:01 PM