HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:20 AM
Sweeper Nut
Northridge So. Cal
Joined Apr 2007
624 Posts
I guess we all deserve health insurance we just don't deserve the same health coverage .

"Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum."

W T F? If they are going to national health care everyone should get the same coverage.
Mike McCrea is offline Find More Posts by Mike McCrea
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sweeper Nut
Northridge So. Cal
Joined Apr 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Oh wait, I found it. This is good. Everyone will be getting an annual W-2 from their health insurance provider, which probably must be included with the tax return. Tax/penalty is on a monthly basis so if you only had coverage for 5 months you would a tax/penalty of the other 7 months.

Brave new world. Get ready!
http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/...alty-will-work

Yup.. i noticed on my W2 this year my employer has the value of my health plan on it.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:03 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea View Post
W T F? If they are going to national health care everyone should get the same coverage.
If that was the case it would apply to congress, and there would be no waivers for their political friends...
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:09 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
952 Posts
Quote:
I guess we all deserve health insurance we just don't deserve the same health coverage .

"Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum."

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
George Orwell - Animal Farm.
craab is offline Find More Posts by craab
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:10 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,613 Posts
Quote:

So, EVERYONE pays more, and the coverage is the same as it ever was.... Perfect..
Greybird is offline Find More Posts by Greybird
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:10 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:

Why?
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:27 AM
Sweeper Nut
Northridge So. Cal
Joined Apr 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Why?
I dont want national health insurance, I feel people should buy what they can afford or want. I just think its kinda weird that the government want's to get involved but does not want to give the same care to everyone. I could be wrong in my thinking, but if its going to happen, I would like to see all these rich politicians gettin the same care as the people bustin their humps making a living.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:34 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
952 Posts
Quote:
I dont want national health insurance, I feel people should buy what they can afford or want. I just think its kinda weird that the government want's to get involved but does not want to give the same care to everyone. I could be wrong in my thinking, but if its going to happen, I would like to see all these rich politicians gettin the same care as the people bustin their humps making a living.
Never happen.

The Mandarins have always operated by a different set of rules.
Has ever been thus.
craab is offline Find More Posts by craab
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,219 Posts
After reading the article this one part really caught my eye.....

Using the conditions laid out in the regulations, the IRS calculates that a family earning $120,000 per year that did not buy insurance would need to pay a "penalty" (a word the IRS still uses despite the Supreme Court ruling that it is in fact a "tax") of $2,400 in 2016.

Those SOBs are still calling it a penalty instead of a tax so you will not be able to deduct is as a tax. This Piece of legislation is more like a gang bang than a rape.

Brace yourself for the worst is yet to come.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Own your own - What it means
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Oct 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
After reading the article this one part really caught my eye.....

Using the conditions laid out in the regulations, the IRS calculates that a family earning $120,000 per year that did not buy insurance would need to pay a "penalty" (a word the IRS still uses despite the Supreme Court ruling that it is in fact a "tax") of $2,400 in 2016.

Those SOBs are still calling it a penalty instead of a tax so you will not be able to deduct is as a tax. This Piece of legislation is more like a gang bang than a rape.

Brace yourself for the worst is yet to come.
According to the SCOTUS decision that allowed Obamacare to survive ONLY if and because the madate was called a "Tax", you should just go ahead and deduct it as a tax on your IRS form. When it's denied, just sue and take it to the SCOTUS, where the issue that it is a "tax" has already been decided.
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:38 PM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
So still no reports from a real news source then...
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:58 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
According to the SCOTUS decision that allowed Obamacare to survive ONLY if and because the madate was called a "Tax", you should just go ahead and deduct it as a tax on your IRS form. When it's denied, just sue and take it to the SCOTUS, where the issue that it is a "tax" has already been decided.

I've said it in several threads, and I'll say it again. The SC decision was written very carefully and cleverly so that it could be challenged in the future on the basis of it being a tax. And my money is on it being struck down. Any takers on a little wager?
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Oct 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
So still no reports from a real news source then...
Wade through this and see if you still like Obamacare.
And no, this link isn't a Breitbart or TeaParty link:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Ca...Tax-Provisions
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:28 PM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
Wade through this and see if you still like Obamacare.
And no, this link isn't a Breitbart or TeaParty link:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Ca...Tax-Provisions
No thanks, I've always thought it was a stupid republican gimme to the insurance companies.
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:30 PM
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
No thanks, I've always thought it was a stupid republican gimme to the insurance companies.
Woooosh.... it passed and you still didn't see whats in it
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)