http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-...e-20000-family

Sounds good to me
Chuckhead1 is offline Find More Posts by Chuckhead1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:27 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Cheaper to just pay the tax ... I mean "fee" .... for not having insurance ... then again ... one shouldn't have to pay a fee... but that's the country we live in now.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:35 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Cheaper to just pay the tax ... I mean "fee" .... for not having insurance ... then again ... one shouldn't have to pay a fee... but that's the country we live in now.
If it is just a fee and not a tax if you don't pay the fee or get insurance how do they enforce it ?
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:36 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
It won't cost them $20,000 for the Bronze coverage because the Feds will be subsidizing it. With the IRS example showing a potential tax/penalty of $2,400 for a family of 5 with an income of $120,000, I suspect the net cost of insurance is going to be such that they would rather pay more and get the insurance than pay the tax/penalty and get nothing.

BTW, I read elsewhere where the IRS will be monitoring everyone's monthly pay as that goes into calculating something or other. People who lie to avoid paying this tax/penalty may find it very difficult due to all the enhanced monitoring of people's lives.

Interesting times ahead, with resources taken from 30-40 million getting sucked into Obamacare and higher Federal deficits to pay for the subsidies.
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:55 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Yup. A country where it's much more difficult to get by without paying anything as so many have been getting away with.

The math in the law is merely extrapolating the individual $5K premium to four indidivudals to arrive at $20K. In reality, individual coverage in my area is well over $5K, more like $8K, while my own family coverage for three or more members is around $15K. Doh! Using that math, it looks like the singles are subsidizing family coverage. Heavens to Murgatroyd!
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:55 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Oh wait, I found it. This is good. Everyone will be getting an annual W-2 from their health insurance provider, which probably must be included with the tax return. Tax/penalty is on a monthly basis so if you only had coverage for 5 months you would a tax/penalty of the other 7 months.

Brave new world. Get ready!
Quote:
Insurers are required to send out notices of health coverage that will, over time, become as routine as a taxpayer's W-2 statement of taxable wages. The 2014 notices are due to consumers and the IRS by Jan. 30, 2015.
http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/...alty-will-work
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Great, according to the IRS my care is actually worth a very large percentage more than it actually costs me. There's the first wave of my 'lowered' costs. The rest will kick in when paying for full time full coverage for all the non net 'contributors' takes hold. People will actually tell you with a straight face that subsidizing tens of millions more 'contributors' is cheaper, or that 2700 pages of price controlled, govt controlled distribution of 1/6th of the nation's economy will be more 'efficient' and thus cost less.

Liars, or fools, maybe both.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:08 AM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
This is only being reported in the fake news echo chamber. Any real reports?
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:29 AM
Joined Oct 2010
376 Posts
That $20 grand minimum is only for the "rich".

Worry not, there will still be a huge class of people that use emergency rooms as their remedy for their headache, create another minimum $600 dollar expense each time, not have to pay for it, and let the families paying $20K a year to take up the slack.
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:32 AM
Joined Oct 2010
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
The story was reported by CSN News based directly upon reports issued by the IRS two days ago.
Is the IRS a fake news generator?
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:07 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Thankfully we have the "fake news' web sources. Did anyone that only uses the main stream liberal media hear or read anything about this? Probably not as it doesn't fit the MSM agenda of only reporting what supports their agenda, rather than everything that might impact the welfare and future of the public.

Does anyone think we would have learned of this NBC news distortion if there weren't "fake news" sites to reveal the fraud?
Quote:
On Monday, MSNBC's Martin Bashir aired a video that seemed to show grief-stricken Neil Heslin being heckled by pro-gun lobbyists as he talked about his 6-year-old son, who was killed in Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. While making a plea for gun control at a legislative hearing, Heslin at one point he turned to the audience and said: “I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question: why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips.”

When the audience remains silent, Heslin adds, “Not one person can answer that question.” And that’s when a few people recited the Second Amendment in response.

The video that host Martin Bashir aired, though, clipped out Heslin's question and pause in the audience's direction. The resulting edit made it look like boisterous audience members interrupted Heslin's testimony.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...fathers-416977
Last edited by Big Foot 48; Feb 01, 2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:18 AM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
lol
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:43 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
If it is just a fee and not a tax if you don't pay the fee or get insurance how do they enforce it ?
http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-...ockpiling-ammo

"The Internal Revenue service is looking for 60 Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. That may be how Capone was taken down, but Capone was a problem the government created in the first place. Does the IRS still need a Criminal Investigation Division? Itís not as if they go after the corporate criminals."
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:46 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-...ockpiling-ammo

"The Internal Revenue service is looking for 60 Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. That may be how Capone was taken down, but Capone was a problem the government created in the first place. Does the IRS still need a Criminal Investigation Division? Itís not as if they go after the corporate criminals."
At least not the ones that donate to campaigns ...
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:51 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Hmm. NBC..... havent they been busted like three times the last year or so for airing fake,edited the way they wanted news stories? For all the bluster about "FAUX" news. I cant seem to remember them airing edited clips, they get busted for.
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet