Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:02 PM
Circles in Lift
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
Those of you on both sides of the aisle who support the use of drones should take 40 minutes to watch Star Trek "A Taste of Armageddon", season 1, episode 23. Because that is where drone warfare eventually leads.
bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:08 PM
Joined Mar 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
Those of you on both sides of the aisle who support the use of drones should take 40 minutes to watch Star Trek "A Taste of Armageddon", season 1, episode 23. Because that is where drone warfare eventually leads.
Heh, I hadn't thought about that episode in a while. Thanks for the reminder.

Personally I am against the use of drones for Law Enforcement as part of a buildup of a "Police State" here in the United States, but between dip-dunk politicians and people who will gladly hand away their rights for safety, I think we're doomed. Sadly.
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:52 PM
Joined Oct 2010
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
I've never, ever seen a right wing anti-war march.

On the other hand, liberals in my neck of the woods protest every week against war.

This image was taken Jan 4, 2013
And it's a liberal who is most aggressively fighting Obama in the courts over indefinite detention:
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/1/1...es_obama_admin

And Code Pink is still very active, but because many media outlets are biased in favor of Obama, they just don't get the coverage they used to.

I too wish there was more energy behind the anti-war movement, but what is there is generally contributed by liberals.
That's interesting because more than 40,000,000 babies have died since Roe v. Wade, and I have NEVER seen a group of Liberals marching in protest of more deaths than almost all wars ever fought put together.
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline