HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:04 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,713 Posts
Discussion
Hitec Aurora 9X

I did not see a thread for this radio yet so I figured i would start one so we do not have to pollute the A9 thread.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:46 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
United States, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Jun 2012
492 Posts
Hi HiTec owners,

I was following the 9x announcement in the A9 forum as well. However I have a few questions. I am newer to the hobby and currently use a Dx6i. I am in the market for a new transmitter for this summer and was looking at both the A9 (and now the A9x) and the DX8. I only really fly airplanes and telemetry is a very interesting feature to me. Why should I choose the HiTec A9x over the A9 or Spektrum DX8?

Thanks
stitch1 is offline Find More Posts by stitch1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:53 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
Hi HiTec owners,

I was following the 9x announcement in the A9 forum as well. However I have a few questions. I am newer to the hobby and currently use a Dx6i. I am in the market for a new transmitter for this summer and was looking at both the A9 (and now the A9x) and the DX8. I only really fly airplanes and telemetry is a very interesting feature to me. Why should I choose the HiTec A9x over the A9 or Spektrum DX8?

Thanks
Stitch1,
I use the Aurora 9 and my son has the DX8. I have used them both pretty extensively and I prefer the A9 over the DX8 especially if you want to use the telemetry. The Hitec Optima 6, 7 and 9 receivers come with built in receiver voltage with nothing else required. On the DX8 even to just get receiver voltage you have to add their telemetry module to the receiver. So you are dealing for instance with an AR7000 or AR8000 receiver PLUS the satellite plugged in to it PLUS the telemetry module plugged in. It gets kind of annoying trying to lay that all out in some aircraft. The ease of the programming on that big touch screen is also a big plus for the A9. The DX8 also doesn't have sliders which is a problem for me.

As far as the new A9X, I did read the specs on it and while it has some advantages to it over the A9 most of them seem to be in the advanced programming areas and right now I can't see any reason to replace my A9 for the amount of money they are probably going to want for the A9X. Also I am EXTREMELY disappointed that they didn't see fit to increase the number of channels available. I really don't get the point of the new model.
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:48 AM
Jim in the Desert
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,263 Posts
subscribed
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drill Sizes
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
All information at this time continues under the Aurora 9 thread.
The most informative posts are from Mike Mayberry of Hitec USA.:

. Post 1 relates to additional information on differences between A9 & A9X.

. Post 2 relates to pricing & availability

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:44 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,447 Posts
You should specify: "9X, Aurora 9X"
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa