SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by rcbobcat55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:19 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
213 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
For Sale
Cores for Douglass Silhouette

Hi from RCbobcat55 I have for sale some (6) extra sets of pink foam wing cores for a Douglass Silhouette slope ship. $30.00 per set shipped. I also have some arf versions ready to cover $135.00 each shipped-$165.00 with glassed fuselage shipped. PM is RCbobcat55@yahoo.com I also still have 4 sets of cores for the supergee dlg. $30.00 per set shipped. Hi again-I have some Silhouette partial kits for sale-$55.00 shipped. These include full size plans,wing cores,pre-cut fuselage sides, and full size templates for the tail,rudder, and fuselage formers.Hi from RCbobcat55 here is an update on the Silhouette kits. The first 6 are sold and shipped and I have 4 more partial kits ready to sell.I have one of the arc versions ready to sell and a second one done except for final coats on the fuselage-it is in primer. I will try to post some pics of it. My next project will be the Quicksilver partial kits. Thanks for the support and keep the orders coming. Also,send me some pics as you get them done so i can post them here. Bob M
rcbobcat55 is offline Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
Last edited by rcbobcat55; Feb 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: updated progress on available kits and arc versions
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:57 PM
Helmet...check!!!
United States, WI, Prairie du Sac
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
You should post some photos just for spite? I'd love to see what the ARF and glass fuses look like. I just emailed you about the cores. Great job on reinventing the Silhouette.
AndyRice_WI is offline Find More Posts by AndyRice_WI
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:27 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
213 Posts
Hi from RCbobcat55 I am in the process of building the first 2 arf's and experimenting with different glass/cf combinations. The lost foam/glass technique is too time consuming so I am working on the built-up fuselage with glass over it and painted with lacquer. I have a protptype slope racer fuselage fuselage done and will be using the same techniques to do the silhouettes. I will take pics as I go along so you can see how things go together. I am also working on a new way of doing elliptical and semi-elliptical wing planforms using depron and an internal interlocking structure which may be patentable. We will see. When the models are done I will post pics and do up a sheet which I can e-mail to anyone interested. Thanks for the support. Bob M...If anyone would like to place pre-orders e-mail me. There will be no money changing hands until the models are ready to ship, I can cut cores now and I have some in stock.
Last edited by rcbobcat55; Feb 08, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 PM
NCSS VP / Event Coordinator
Napa, CA
Joined Oct 2003
317 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
What about a set of cores, planes and precut fuse sides?
motowncali is offline Find More Posts by motowncali
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:11 PM
USA, CA, Seal Beach
Joined Aug 2010
233 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
I would love to see some pics of what you have to offer
lblife is online now Find More Posts by lblife
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:49 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
213 Posts
Hi from RCbobcat55 I have 6 partial kits in stock for the Silhouette per Motowncali's suggestion. The kits include full size plans and templates for the tail,rudder,and fuselage formers, pink foam wing cores,and pre-cut fuselage sides. Intro price is $55.00 including shipping. Discounts for multiple orders. I will also be building some arc versions and receiver ready versions if you want one that way. The arc and receiver ready versions will have built-up balsa fuselages with 3/4 oz glass cloth-sanded,sealed and painted white with acrylic lacquer. P.M. me at RCbobcat55@yahoo.com to place an order.I can also do the Quicksilver cores and partial kits if anyone is interested. Thanks Bob M...
Last edited by rcbobcat55; Feb 07, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:26 PM
NCSS VP / Event Coordinator
Napa, CA
Joined Oct 2003
317 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Bob, start a new thread and list the shorts kits that you have available. I think this is great.

Mo
motowncali is offline Find More Posts by motowncali
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:20 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
213 Posts
Hi Mo. Thanks for the suggestion I posted them under slope in the topics section. I have the Quicksilver plans just about done and will be cuting some cores and fuselage sides soon. I still have the sos fuselage ready to cover and a set of wing cores. I think it is the 40" version. PM me for pricing-you have first shot at it-also I can include the full size plans with the fuselage and cores. thanks Bob M..