SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:13 AM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Discussion
How to display GPS data live on google earth?

Hi, I have the OSD eLogger 4 with the GPS. Anyways, I read all the instructions about setting up the data recorder to save GPS files to view on google earth, and I can read download the data off my eLogger 4 and view it as a track on Google earth.

My problem is though, I cant view a live output of my GPS data on google earth. I followed the directions and set a file path for the data to save, but ever time I open up the file, Google earth does nothing.

Does anybody know what might be wrong?
mfische is offline Find More Posts by mfische
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:52 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, are you using the EagleEyes telemetry for the live data? Or, are you just connecting the eLogger to USB in live mode?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
I connect my USB into my laptop and when I put it in live mode I cant view the Track on google earth until I close out that live session and save it as a "Google Earth Track". Then when I open up that file in Google Earth I can view the track..so anyways, I cant view it live...I have to wait till after live mode, save it, then view it...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:43 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, that should be working.

Can you confirm you're following the steps in the "Google Earth™ Live Mode Support" section on page 3 of the manual here? And, can you let me know the name of the file you have selected, and confirm that live mode is running when you open the file in GE?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Still not working

Yes, I followed the directions to the T, and still no luck. When I open up the file in GE that is supposed to be recording my data live, GE starts to rotate and stops over the Atlantic ocean. However, when i stop the live mode, and save the file to GE Track, and then open that file in GE, it displays my path correctly.

what the heck??
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, I should have asked this before - which version of our software are you using?

Google Earth made some changes about a year ago, and we updated our software to accomodate those.

I would recommend using our release version 10.44, located here. If you are already using 10.43, though, the upgrade won't help. Please let me know!
Site Sponsor