SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
New heli problem/question

So I've relatively recently gotten into the R/C heli world and wanted to move up from the simple coax ones I've been messing with and easily mastered. I ended up getting a Blade mSR X RTF to give me a challenge for a while. I fully expect a steep learning curve and am not even trying to get off the ground yet, just practicing scooting around and orientation control on my hardwood floor.

That said, I'm running into a problem with my new mSR X that I think is not entirely related to my skill level with the controls. Feel free to correct me on that. Even when using the low mode on the included transmitter, using even the smallest amount of throttle instantly makes it scoot left very rapidly as if I had the aileron maxed in that direction. If I max the aileron in the opposite direction, it still manages to slide left albeit at a much slower rate. Increasing the throttle in that scenario simply flips it over to the right, of course.

My thought is that some alignment is in order, but nothing appears to be out of the ordinary to my inexperienced eyes. All of the controls on the transmitter show the expected response on the heli, so it doesn't look like the range of control is the issue.

So I ask you all, any suggestions as to what I can try?
kettch19 is offline Find More Posts by kettch19
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:23 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
Your swashplate may have separated or it isn't level. You should also check your servos movement range.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Tonight I watched all the repair videos that come with the RTF package and disassembled/reassembled the entire top assembly to make sure everything was connected. Everything checked out and matched the documentation. After reassembly it still goes hard left with even the most minimal throttle.

The elevator servo movement appears normal, the control arm moves about 50% of the length in both directions. The aileron servo is a different story. Applying left aileron at max travels roughly 50%, but right aileron at max only moves the control arm around half that distance.
kettch19 is offline Find More Posts by kettch19
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:30 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
If the heli is moving hard left while it's still on the floor, that is normal. You need to get the heli about 2' up before it will settle down.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:03 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,936 Posts
You should have gotten MSR. The MSR-X is FBL less and quite a handful on the ground. Many co-ax flyers thing they can fly, sorry but thats not even close. Hardwood floors are going to total that bird quickly. Try grass/ carpet/ over a large bed. Your heli needs to be a couple feet off ground before gyro helps you out. Get a cheap quad for now V929/V949. They are cheap and have four rates 20%40%/60%/100%.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04