SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Discussion
4ch vs 6ch

Ok I'm just wondering what the difference is when it comes to flying a 4ch to a 6ch. The controls seam pretty similar except for the 6ch having the pitch change. I'm just assuming that when your flying a 6ch in normal mode that when you are changing the pitch of the main blades it would just act like giving more throttle to a 4ch. So cam someone tell me of I'm right or wrong. When it comes to moving the right stick cyclic control I'm thinking the 4 and 6 would feel the same.
Please let me known if I'm wrong here I'm just trying to learn anything I can before I move onto a 6ch. Watching videos on you tube make me think it's not that difficult but I'm sure I'm wrong I just don't want to be.
tada1096 is offline Find More Posts by tada1096
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:27 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
It's a pretty common question actually...

I already wrote an answer...
http://jazzyflight.blogspot.com/2009...er-primer.html

So did a lot of other people.
http://www.google.com/search?q=diffe...nel+helicopter

Watching videos on Youtube doesn't give you any useful information - Nancy Kerrigan made a triple axel look easy on video, but it ain't.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:41 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Pretty much it for what controls do. Collective has more motion authority so handles wind better. OTOH mistakes can get bigger faster. Can't slam the throttle down like on a FP when you get in trouble, that would drill it into the ground. So habits need revising. Much more complex to reassemble after collision.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:41 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,483 Posts
It's not the 6 channel that's difficult, it's the lack of the 45 degree flybar. With a 4ch heli, you only need to learn to fly the heli from roughly four different directions, with a 6ch, you'll have to learn to fly from any direction and inputting the right amount of cyclic in the right direction constantly.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member