HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:00 AM
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Prob a dumb question but what is fpv? I and yeah I they pretty much are the same I was reading about them. Its kinda weird that walkera doesn't sell them with rtf anymore. You think because their older?
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:42 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
Prob a dumb question but what is fpv?
This

HD FPV - Niagara falls - The story of a fail - RCExplorer.se (5 min 43 sec)

For something like that, you need a TX that's more reliable.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:11 AM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
Prob a dumb question but what is fpv? I and yeah I they pretty much are the same I was reading about them. Its kinda weird that walkera doesn't sell them with rtf anymore. You think because their older?
FPV=First person view. Strap a camera to your plane and beam a signal to a TV in front of you. Just like a flight sim, but real.

I don't follow the RTF thing...what doesn't walkera sell as an RTF anymore? seems like every heli they have can be had with the 6s, 7, 8s, 10, or 12s.
Chubbs is offline Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:44 AM
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Oh that's pretty cool! Yeah i agree walkera sells alot of rtf, but I would rather go cheaper route and get the bnf. I'm really liking the devo6 now that I look at it more
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:02 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
7E Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I think they're very similar. Obviously the 8S has 2 extra channels...that may or may not be important to you. As I said, out of my dozen or so planes and 4 heli's I have never once used the 7th or 8th channel. If you get into FPV or large scale planes/helis, that might become an issue.

Otherwise, I think you get the same color touch screen and interface, which means they both have very similar capabilities. Definitely the biggest difference is the size. I bet some people would hate the small size because it seems like a "toy". I happen to love it. If my Devo 7E had a longer range, I would use it for all my stuff. Unfortunately, they put a much lower power transmitter in it, so it doesn't go far enough. The 6S doesn't have that problem.
Just got my 7E/Super CP yesterday. I'm new to CP and probably moving too fast into rc helis in gen, so have a request: I see some suggested beginner settings for Devos, but need translation to 7E language. I'm also trying to kill the negative pitch that drives the thing into the floor on throttle down. Thanks!
ttight is offline Find More Posts by ttight
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:30 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
You're in idle up. Should be programmed to your right switch. Place it in the up position should be regular mode with throttle off all the way down. Switch down is idle up, with negative pitch on the lower half of the throttle.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:31 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Also, read through the manuals that came with your Super CP on a disk. There's recommended settings and instructions in case your tx didn't come already set up.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:10 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
Also, read through the manuals that came with your Super CP on a disk. There's recommended settings and instructions in case your tx didn't come already set up.
I had entered the settings from the manual. Found that the gear had slipped and was creating problems. Reseated and all else is better, but still significant negative pitch. My FMOD (right) switch default is to idle up in the up position, and does have more negative pitch in that position. But I'm using it with FMOD in down position and have the Pitch Curve set to L=+15 and STILL have significant negative pitch. Not as much as idle up but still too much for me to learn CP without killing the heli.

What do settings for "GEAR" do?

Any other suggestions?
ttight is offline Find More Posts by ttight
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:05 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Odd, my switch came set to idle up in down position, not up. I believe this is the opposite of most tx.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:54 PM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
434 Posts
On mine, "FMOD 0" is up (regular mode), and "FMOD 1" is down (stunt mode/idle up).

To get rid of the negative pitch, simply go to the pitch curve menu, put the "FMOD" switch in normal mode (mode 0 for me), scroll down to select "point - L", then scroll down again to the "output" parameter. make it 0%. That should get rid of the negative pitch. If not, just play with that value until it's to your liking. Mine ranges from -100% to 100%.

YOu can set the rest of the pitch curve to your liking, but it sounds like the lowest point is what you're concerned about.
Chubbs is offline Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:45 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,126 Posts
The thing with such tiny helicopters is that their tolerances are also tiny. If that notch in the gear is cut a millimeter too deep, it gets amplified in the blades.

If you're absolutely sure zero pitch on the TX does not match zero pitch on the heli. You can go to the "Sub Trim"/"SUBTRM"/Whatever menu and change the pitch variable until the blades look level.

GEAR is the extra channel, and what makes them seven channel radios. Not much use on micros, but on larger helis that use the RX701 receiver or higher, that's where you connect the landing gear servos or other gadgets. You can hook up a beeper to it so if it crashes out of sight, you just flick that switch and the heli wll give out a distress call.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member