HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:53 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
co-ax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
CX2, CX3 or CX4, they're too much brand new. There's always the guy on Ebay selling returns with known defects, etc. There's a way to get there without the high $$$$$$$$$$$, even if you have to wait a while.
I think for me the reason for going back and or staying with the co-ax helis is the, (crash repair thing with single rotor heli's). I've had my fair share of crashes and with the advent of co-ax technology..bigger etc etc....300 size etc...and then a 450 to 500 size if eflite so desires...(I know they will do it).....the possibilities are endless....parts etc and scale fuselages in the future and or distant future. From this CX4 thing eflite isn't finished with the cx2 and or CX4. You know as well as I do they will go further and expand on the CX2 design. It just makes marketing sense. With the plethora of all copter makes and models on the market it only makes sense to expand the co-axial line of helis. Its a niche market for those who don't want the hassle of a single rotor heli and all its complexities that come with it. After my single rotor heli experience..I much prefer a co-ax in the CX2 size and beyond if and when it comes. So I am willing to shell out $249.99 for this new CX4...given all it really needs is a longer inner shaft and shorter fly bar to avoid the blade "clack" thing. Then again..I like the "bling" factor too. CNC parts for longevity and durability. My CX2 is keeper as well as my Blade MCX tandem. Just my 2 cents.
doug
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Last edited by douglas4; Feb 08, 2013 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:21 PM
Registered User
wattman's Avatar
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,071 Posts
Thats two of us Douglas4



I have already ordered a new CX4 myself
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Last edited by wattman; Feb 08, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:04 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
I find it strange how people are ordering the "new" CX4 now, even though it is pretty obviously nothing but a 2yr old heli in a fresh fuse (I say that because I HAVE the two year old version) ... and from a different company ... and when they sold it at Hobby Lobby under the Twister Label, obviously too few people bought it because HL dropped them (like ALL other helis from that company as far as I can see - and they were the ONLY stateside dealer [seemingly])

But I understand, 2yrs ago, it wasnt Horizon as long as something is called "Blade", it just HAS to be better than the same stuff with a different name. (which is why I just got a mCX2 ... JK .)

But thats the world - nowadays everything is marketing ... you do THAT right and everything is fine.
Oh, and btw, today (or better now in 2013) the heli (which is now called Blade CX4 rather than Twister Police Helicam) costs about a third more - and two years ago it came with a 60$ (at that time) camera...so the "actual" heli at that time (ONLY 2 yrs ago) was basically half the price it costs today!!

Now someone go and tell me again we dont have INFLATION !!!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:46 AM
"whirlydude"
flyeraroo's Avatar
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
I think for me the reason for going back and or staying with the co-ax helis is the, (crash repair thing with single rotor heli's). I've had my fair share of crashes and with the advent of co-ax technology..bigger etc etc....300 size etc...and then a 450 to 500 size if eflite so desires...(I know they will do it).....the possibilities are endless....parts etc and scale fuselages in the future and or distant future. From this CX4 thing eflite isn't finished with the cx2 and or CX4. You know as well as I do they will go further and expand on the CX2 design. It just makes marketing sense. With the plethora of all copter makes and models on the market it only makes sense to expand the co-axial line of helis. Its a niche market for those who don't want the hassle of a single rotor heli and all its complexities that come with it. After my single rotor heli experience..I much prefer a co-ax in the CX2 size and beyond if and when it comes. So I am willing to shell out $249.99 for this new CX4...given all it really needs is a longer inner shaft and shorter fly bar to avoid the blade "clack" thing. Then again..I like the "bling" factor too. CNC parts for longevity and durability. My CX2 is keeper as well as my Blade MCX tandem. Just my 2 cents.
doug
If your looking for something larger, why not go with the Lama 400D helicopter. It has the metal rotor heads, swash, and blade grips. Frame is carbon fiber, and the helicopter is priced cheaper than the CX4.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:33 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
CCbusa05's Avatar
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,773 Posts
How many of you guys noticed the slight bouncing up/down "porpoise" of the CX4 boom on the video? After 6 years of owning multiple coaxials from Eflite (CX, CX2, CX3, Mcx2) the Mcx2 was the best of that bunch as far durability and stable hover characteristics are concerned. I then advanced on to the world of FP with the Hirobo SRB Quark, Blade MSR and finally several WL_toys V911s. The V911 proved to be the best flier, IMO, in that category, not to mention the great bang-for-the-buck cheap pricing! And then since it was winter again and my flights were more or less relegated to indoor activity, on a whim I decided to see what all the hype about the Syma 107G was. I had never owned a 3-CH before and at first was hesitant to buy because I looked upon a 3-CH with an IR Tx as taking a step backwards. But what the heck, for $25 shipped, it was worth the try. To make a long story short, I now have six 107s and they are by far the best indoor precision flying coaxial heli I have ever owned. Build quality matches, if not exceeds that of the $300 plus Hirobo Quark I once had. So, in a nutshell, I'll pass on this (too large for indoor home flying) and way over priced CX4 offering from Eflite. For those of you that end up buying the CX4, I wish you luck and look forward to your reviews!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:59 AM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
Lama 400D

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
If your looking for something larger, why not go with the Lama 400D helicopter. It has the metal rotor heads, swash, and blade grips. Frame is carbon fiber, and the helicopter is priced cheaper than the CX4.
Never owned a walkera. But read alot of bad things about them unless their stuff is better now and the electronics are up to par now I dunno.
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
Never owned a walkera. But read alot of bad things about them unless their stuff is better now and the electronics are up to par now I dunno.
They don't make coaxes any more.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:41 PM
Registered User
SJMarty's Avatar
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
Thats two of us Douglas4



I have already ordered a new CX4 myself
Just curious...where did you preorder from?
SJMarty is offline Find More Posts by SJMarty
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:50 PM
Registered User
wattman's Avatar
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,071 Posts
The Local Hobby Shop that I have done business with for over 50 + years myself ,
ABC Hobbycraft , Evansville Indiana .
When I say preorder ......that means I asked the owner to get me a Blade CX4 , whenever its available .

And yes I am aware from all of the many many postings in the heli section and the fixed wing forums , that there are much much cheaper items available everywhere .
But I have no interest in 29 dollar helis , or 2 dollar servos , or 15 dollar airplanes or 3 dollar lipos or 6 dollar motors .

I just like going to the LHS , and if not on the shelf , they order it and its here in two days in my hand . And I can return it if there is a problem , and they speak english that I can understand . Its just so easy , for me here .
I am so happy with my LHS .......for over 50 years +

Yes I pay for the items and the service , but it is MY money .
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:28 PM
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
940 Posts
cx4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMarty View Post
Just curious...where did you preorder from?
I never ordered yet. waiting to see the reviews first.
douglas4 is offline Find More Posts by douglas4
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:38 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
Well, I am curious to see the reviews too - as I have what I bet is an identical, 2 yr old heli that I never even flew ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:12 PM
"whirlydude"
flyeraroo's Avatar
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
It would be nice if the CX4 has the same diameter inner and outer shaft as the BOL or the Lama 400. That way one could use the aluminum rotor heads from one of the two helicopters. I'm thinking with plastic rotor heads the blade grip pegs are going to break off easily in a crash or even if the helicopter tips over.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:30 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
It would be nice if the CX4 has the same diameter inner and outer shaft as the BOL or the Lama 400. That way one could use the aluminum rotor heads from one of the two helicopters. I'm thinking with plastic rotor heads the blade grip pegs are going to break off easily in a crash or even if the helicopter tips over.
What do you want to bet that the outer shaft is 6mm!!! - just so that you exactly CANT use any of the stuff from the BOL (well, the inner will be 3, so you could use the upper ... but stuff for the outer - forget it! THIS will be exclusively for EFlite hopups (and maybe Xtreme is going to jump on it, but I would be surprised ..)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:50 PM
Registered User
seeingeyegod's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
god i just can't stand looking at coaxes. My brain refuses to not see the wrongness of a super tall rotor shaft with a second rotor on it. Maybe if they could make that part shorter so the blades were much closer together it wouldn't look so ungainly, but of course then they would hit each other right?

Also for some reason I guess I never realized coaxes ALSO have a flybar. Are there coaxes with flybarless gyros? In theory couldn't you just install a better gyro and ditch the flybar in one like with with discrete components?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:53 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
god i just can't stand looking at coaxes. My brain refuses to not see the wrongness of a super tall rotor shaft with a second rotor on it. Maybe if they could make that part shorter so the blades were much closer together it wouldn't look so ungainly, but of course then they would hit each other right?

Also for some reason I guess I never realized coaxes ALSO have a flybar. Are there coaxes with flybarless gyros? In theory couldn't you just install a better gyro and ditch the flybar in one like with with discrete components?
Sure there are, but that is a whole different story ... (for various reasons)
Examples?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049258

The DUAL SWASHPLATE FLYBARLESS COAXIAL RC Helicopter mod - 1 (2 min 44 sec)


Walkera 400D mit Dreiblatt System von Skytec (0 min 25 sec)


HK 600 GT-Koax - erster Testflug (7 min 26 sec)


Happy???
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion SAR Droidworx CX4 waiting to be maide :-) cougar2465 Multirotor Talk 3 May 17, 2012 08:50 PM
Discussion Droidworx CX4 lebdog Multirotor Talk 30 Feb 10, 2012 08:53 PM
Discussion CX4 flight times jackwrangham Multirotor Talk 1 Jan 11, 2012 12:19 AM
Discussion Brushless eficiency. DJI, Herkules esc, Droidworx CX4 and Axi 2217/2 elossam Multirotor Talk 5 Jan 07, 2012 08:12 AM
For Sale align cx4 balance lipo charger, gyro, lipo battery,50a esc huycao1980 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Sep 03, 2007 09:52 AM