HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:39 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2008
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallopingGhostlr View Post
surfer_kris, they no longer have these kits and the line they now sell is not thin walled.
Yes, their current small line is not thin walled enough. Have you tried contacting them? They really make an effort to have a full range of parts and accessories, and if there is enough demand I'm pretty sure they'll provide it.
surfer_kris is offline Find More Posts by surfer_kris
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:24 AM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
628 Posts
No, I haven't contacted Bernie yet. It's the same problem with 2 Norvel 1 oz. RC tank mounts I purchased some time back. It came with the normal small silicon fuel line, which with the lightweight clunk, does not work.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:00 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2008
1,030 Posts
For regular, but small tanks, I have used the following 2x4 mm line; Tower H (HPI)

It has a thinner wall the a typical "small" fuel line, but it will still be a little too stiff for the Dragonfly I believe, as the stock one is even smaller and thinner.
surfer_kris is offline Find More Posts by surfer_kris
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:22 AM
Western KY
Joined Sep 2003
1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaire View Post
I think silicone wire insulation of some size would probably work well, but I haven't tried anything yet.
I've been using silicone wire insulation almost exclusively on smaller planes. It's very flexible, completely fuel proof and comes in a variety of colors and sizes. The pic with the clunk is a 35mm film can, so it gives you an idea of how flexible the insulation actually is. For the Dragonfly, 14 or 16 gauge wire might work --- the wire size in the pic is 14 AWG. With the smaller engines, fuel flow is so low that tubing ID can be quite small.
Andrew0820 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew0820