HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Leadchucker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:01 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,458 Posts
Discussion
Over under sideways down........

...Backwards forwards square and round.
Over under sideways down,
Backwards forwards square and round.
When will it end, when will it end,
When will it end, when will it end.

Mini update on the blog with opening lines by the Yardbirds from 1966.
the Sunracer Super 3 pylon racer is finished and ready to go when some decent flying weather gets here. She is another very nicely made product of the Czeck Republic with great fits and finish with carbon fibre abounding everywhere. Fitting the gear inside was a challenge as there is absolutely zero wiggling space. A Neu Neu 1112/2D motor will be doing the duties up front being governed by a Castle 70 amp ESC spinng an APC 4.75x4.75 prop, juice is provided by a 2250 maH Nanotech 3s 50C lipo.

Did some engine switching on the Rambler which required hacking some of the front fairing out to fit the O&R .60 . A new engine plate was cobbled up from some 1/8" aluminium and a couple 3/16' ply spacer strips added under that to get the engine to sit right. This will now be my entry for the SAM Ohlsson Sideport Event,she should go like the dickens as this .60 is a real good runner. The plane is an already proven thermal machine so she should bring home the trophies with no trouble.

The 1940 Megow Super Quaker is back on the bench undergoing partial resto. The Super Cyke is installed with a metal tank for burning methanol and BeNol. I retained the rertacting single wheel landing gear for now to see how it works out.
Servos are in and control surfaces hooked up, ignition system need to be made up yet as does the radio and ignition battery packs. Then the wing need covering and application of decals and she should be good to go.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Leadchucker; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:50 AM
Model Flight Addict
Erial, NJ
Joined Jul 2009
390 Posts
Here's the setup I'm using in the Kloud Queen:

Receiver pack:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-20c-1600-2s1p-2222.html

Receiver regulator:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ub2liin.html

Ignition battery:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-15c-1000-1s1p-wk.html

The receiver pack + regulator still weighs less than a four cell 2/3A pack and has the same capacity. Plus you'll have the option to goose up the output voltage to 6V. Also, based on my testing I have concluded that the 1000mAh ignition battery has enough capacity to easily last a day of contest flying without a recharge. It also weighs a fraction of what a three cell 2/3A NIHM pack weighs and takes up less than half the space. Check it out. :-)
fhpe77 is offline Find More Posts by fhpe77