HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:42 PM
Registered User
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,639 Posts
Discussion
another example of how current laws fails to keep guns out of hands of crazies

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/health...html?hpt=hp_c2

A documented and known crazy purchases guns legally. Shoots mom in chest, cuts her up, barricades house and requires SWAT to end the situation.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:45 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
RCWorks's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
1,671 Posts
Anderson Cooper... Not worth a read...
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Perhaps the "documented and known crazy person" should not be out on the streets...
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:52 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,422 Posts
It's just the price you pay...
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:54 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
RCWorks's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
It's just the price you pay...
We used to lock up our crazies but the ACLU says no, that it's not right... But I guess loose crazies doing crazy resulting in dead bodies is O.K....
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:57 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
It's just the price you pay...
....for having crazies loose on the streets. And since we have to deal with said loonies, I'd like to have a firearm to be able to defend myself.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:01 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,422 Posts
I wonder (genuinely).. what would you guys do about living in another country - perhaps for work - where you couldn't carry guns. As they would have crazies etc as well, what would you do?
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:02 PM
Registered User
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/health...html?hpt=hp_c2

A documented and known crazy purchases guns legally. Shoots mom in chest, cuts her up, barricades house and requires SWAT to end the situation.
The law forbids a person who's "documented" with a mental illness to own a gun. The laws need to be enforced.

I can see ways of improving that aspect of the law as part of the NIC process.

In the meantime, In Houston, a man used a gun to save a woman's life who was being beaten by her husband.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:03 PM
Registered User
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The law forbids a person who's "documented" with a mental illness to own a gun. The laws need to be enforced.

I can see ways of improving that aspect of the law as part of the NIC process.

In the meantime, In Houston, a man used a gun to save a woman's life who was being beaten by her husband.
in the article, it stated that several states still have yet to submit data to the System for enforcing this. The laws are a joke.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:04 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
I wonder (genuinely).. what would you guys do about living in another country - perhaps for work - where you couldn't carry guns. As they would have crazies etc as well, what would you do?
I don't carry a gun at work or anywhere else, other than the hunting field. So much for your analogy.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:04 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
in the article, it stated that several states still have yet to submit data to the System for enforcing this. The laws are a joke.
The laws are fine, enforcement is a joke.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:07 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
I don't carry a gun at work or anywhere else, other than the hunting field. So much for your analogy.
That'll be one of those 'question' sorts of 'analogy' then , n00b-E... which you didn't actually address..
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:10 PM
Watts is life...
rcjetpilot's Avatar
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/health...html?hpt=hp_c2

A documented and known crazy purchases guns legally. Shoots mom in chest, cuts her up, barricades house and requires SWAT to end the situation.
I looking for the mag limit justfication part
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:11 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
That'll be one of those 'question' sorts of 'analogy' then , n00b-E... which you didn't actually address..
Of course I did Norman, if I don't carry here, why would I feel any different about not carrying there? "analogy"......not the best choice of words there.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:12 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
I looking for the mag limit justfication part
That'll be way down in the "emotional crap and hyperbole" segment.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! GoPro Hero 2 Live Video Out Examples... RxFPV FPV Talk 28 Jan 03, 2013 09:45 PM
Discussion Just another example of Government and Corporations working hand in hand ... logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 1 Nov 17, 2011 12:51 PM
Discussion Watch the other hand... Obama and new gun laws rcjetpilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 179 Mar 30, 2011 08:54 PM
Discussion Swiss voters throw out gun law reform aerogel Life, The Universe, and Politics 21 Feb 16, 2011 08:15 PM
Discussion Yet another example of how the militarization of our Police has failed... FrogChief Life, The Universe, and Politics 63 May 21, 2010 08:48 AM