HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:39 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
I dont agree with the "its my fault" observation. I am at the top of my game in my chosen profession, AND, very well educated. The economic climate right now isnt good for my profession. People put off vehicle repairs, and maintenance especially, during these times. I have seen it before, I am sure I will see it again.
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:20 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,152 Posts
I've run across a TV program, and an article in the local paper which basically say the economy will grow without creating jobs. The driver is technology. Take the so called shovel ready infrastructure jobs. Highway 290W is being improved. and there are at most a dozen or so people working at one time. Maybe one with a shovel. The others driving equipment or supervising. Fifty years ago, that same job would have occupied a hundred or more pick and shovel guys. The newspaper article stated that worldwide unemployment is at an all time high.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:00 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
To each his/her own. The majority of people are doing quite a bit better than 4 years ago.
Really? If a majority of people are "doing better" than 4 years ago, why are more than twice as many on food stamps? And please don't try to write it off to "population growth" this time.
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:14 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Even in good times, not everyone benefits just as a few people will profit handsomely during the most severe depressions.

To each his/her own. The majority of people are doing quite a bit better than 4 years ago.

Some might be doing better, government types, but at what cost? Obamakare = disaster, out of control debt, MILLIONS on welfare and food stamps, business being regulated out of existence. Unemployment rising but Obama shuts down his fake business counsel? Can't even FAKE it anymore?
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Last edited by BE77 Pilot; Feb 01, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:02 PM
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Some might be doing better, government types, but at what cost? Obamakare = disaster, out of control debt, MILLIONS on welfare and food stamps, business being regulated out of existence. Unemployment rising but Obama shuts down his fake business counsel? Can't even FAKE it anymore?
What a nonsens
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:26 PM
FrankC
Ocala, Florida
Joined Jun 2007
499 Posts
I have been employed 27 of the last 58 months. The economy is an absolute shambles, I can only assume you are either retired, work for the government, or work in one of the few areas that is not drowning in EPA regulations. But stay confident, your time to wake up and smell the coffee will come someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
What a nonsens
FrankC is online now Find More Posts by FrankC
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:47 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
Quote:
What a nonsens
That's low, man. I don't even know what a nonsens is, but BE77 doesn't deserve that.........
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:27 PM
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
That's low, man. I don't even know what a nonsens is, but BE77 doesn't deserve that.........
It is BS. My company got hit by the resecion end of 2010, very bad.
I husseld, did tripple overtime and made the company survive. Today the company is very strong, has plenty of cash at hand, CASH.
I drive every day out to the oil fields and pick up, because the fields a booming, same for natural gas and co2, by the way BLM land.
Kinder and Morgan have a Compressor Station building project that will take 6 to 8 years to built, on BLM, so much about regulation.
We got hit in 10, but since than, we have had to hussle as everybody else. But today! we are doing fine, even are geting more employees.
I expect a 20% increase this year, over a very strong 2012.
No regulations for my business have changed, rpublican BS.

FrankC, sorry for that unemployment is very bad. But maybe you have to hussel, take a job below your expectation, what ever is possible.

Help wanted are hanging in my towns windows, every where, including mine.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:36 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
So the reason for high unemployment is that people are lazy?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:43 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Triple overtime sounds like business is booming not hard up...
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:50 PM
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
So the reason for high unemployment is that people are lazy?
NO, absolutely NO.

But why do not take the skills I have and work for myself.
If I can not find a job, creat the job.
I did and I am nothing special, just a mob pilot first class.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:50 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
It is BS. My company got hit by the resecion end of 2010, very bad.
I husseld, did tripple overtime and made the company survive. Today the company is very strong, has plenty of cash at hand, CASH.
I drive every day out to the oil fields and pick up, because the fields a booming, same for natural gas and co2, by the way BLM land.
Kinder and Morgan have a Compressor Station building project that will take 6 to 8 years to built, on BLM, so much about regulation.
We got hit in 10, but since than, we have had to hussle as everybody else. But today! we are doing fine, even are geting more employees.
I expect a 20% increase this year, over a very strong 2012.
No regulations for my business have changed, rpublican BS.

FrankC, sorry for that unemployment is very bad. But maybe you have to hussel, take a job below your expectation, what ever is possible.

Help wanted are hanging in my towns windows, every where, including mine.
Good for you. Keep voting Democratic and it will catch up to you sooner or later.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:00 PM
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
Triple overtime sounds like business is booming not hard up...
No, because if you need customers you have to go shave your legs and work the road, hussel as hard and long as you can.
If you just stand there and say, mamy we have no customers, lets close early and open late, you are done, or if you do not go and drive hundreds of miles to find new customers, sell, you are done and the worse the time the more overtime.
You probably never had a company, that provides employement, provides, maybe for you ?

Employees go home, after 7 or 8 hours, small business provides those hours for them, by doing overtime.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:06 PM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
No, because if you need customers you have to go shave your legs and work the road, hussel as hard and long as you can.
If you just stand there and say, mamy we have no customers, lets close early and open late, you are done, or if you do not go and drive hundreds of miles to find new customers, sell, you are done and the worse the time the more overtime.
You probably never had a company, that provides employement, provides, maybe for you ?

Employees go home, after 7 or 8 hours, small business provides those hours for them, by doing overtime.
I'm glad you are doing well.

Most people aren't.
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:20 PM
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Good for you. Keep voting Democratic and it will catch up to you sooner or later.
Thank you.
No, it will not catch up with me, what ever you think it is.
Why ? I am blue collar, old fashioned, I clean the parking lot with a broom, or shovel the snow, not a hired hand and I stand on the floor every day, no job to small or to low for me, what ever is needed.
Don't forget I harvested as an elegal, I am an imigrant . We are not better, but more hard working and failure is not an option for us .
You are dinos and we are that big Ol' Rock that is hitting .
Get used to it, its the liberal way, hard work, blue collar.