1,652 Posts
"Darn you Republicans!"

DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:59 PM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Im still tripping on the "fact", that the recession ended, nobody told me! I still dont have much work either!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Mar 2008
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
Are these numbers real, or just fabrications of the far right? I haven't fact-checked it myself, but if you have and your numbers don't agree, please share. Let's keep it to facts rather than opinion, gentlemen.
The price of gas at "first inauguration" caught my eye.

A quick check ... while it appears that gas indeed was at or near 1.85 at the time of the inauguration, just 6 months prior to that the price was 4.12 per gallon. Lulz.

I guess that Obama's election caused the markets to leap for joy and send the price of gasoline crashing into the basement ... hahahahaha.
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:09 PM
Expo/DualRates = Lack of Skill
San Diego, CA
Joined Mar 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
DOH! Your welcome California. Even though it's the land of fruit and nuts, we still helped them. Well I didn't personally, but our officials did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Look no further than CO for an example of what an influx of CA nitwits will do. Good luck!

What the is going on with all of the California bashing?

More Californians voted for Romney than did any other state (and for Gary Johnson, as well).

You may believe that Californians are all clones of Jerry Brown and Nancy Pelosi, but we are not.
typeRA is offline Find More Posts by typeRA
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:18 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2006
180 Posts
^++++++1!!!
Windrider53 is offline Find More Posts by Windrider53
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:28 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
I don't know about all of the numbers in the OP, but I do know the Misery index has been going down, unemployment has dropped 1.4 %, average cost of food is 150 to 300 a month per person, 300 being those that ate out nightly. So that ones off also. Now as for housing, it is getting worse. The cost to buy a house keeps going up.

Some of the op may be correct , but some is not.
$300 a month for food is not out of line at all. I think it is pretty spot on. Unemployment hasn't really dropped. The real number has stayed pretty consistant. The only thing that has chamged is the administation has shrunk the workforce making it appear unemployment has dropped. It is a scam at best.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:28 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
288 Posts
typeRA:
Not enough, the clones out number ,see Jerrybrown ,pelosi feinstein for reference.
we now are a majority democrap run state, yeeeeaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaa let me grab a beer.
I starting to understand why my father said he was lucky .
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Last edited by debogus; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:15 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
Im still tripping on the "fact", that the recession ended, nobody told me! I still dont have much work either!
Even in good times, not everyone benefits just as a few people will profit handsomely during the most severe depressions.

To each his/her own. The majority of people are doing quite a bit better than 4 years ago.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:35 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Yup, they are. Anyone who isn't , must be their own fault. I keep getting bussier. I see new construction and openings everyday.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:49 PM
Not watchin from the sideline
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
The price of gas at "first inauguration" caught my eye.

A quick check ... while it appears that gas indeed was at or near 1.85 at the time of the inauguration, just 6 months prior to that the price was 4.12 per gallon. Lulz.

I guess that Obama's election caused the markets to leap for joy and send the price of gasoline crashing into the basement ... hahahahaha.
Yep... Not only that but when you look at the jobs numbers, you got to remind yourself that lack of education plays a large role. It might be hard to face it but education has been on the decline for quite some time now and no matter which president we were going to have, we would still be suffering from it. Education issues effect almost every point on that list. This is the individuals fault and govt cant force people to learn. Its something an individual must decide to pursue and at the very least take seriously. Couple that with the fact that food prices were going to go up regardless of the administration simply from population growth and the drought we were facing.

Besides most of the failures have little to do with the president, as he only suggests action, where as the congress is the acting body. The exception is of course military expenditures which he does hold a larger role in; but even that still is action from congress. With all that said the president has done his part to screw our economy over...
Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:24 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeRA View Post

What the is going on with all of the California bashing?

More Californians voted for Romney than did any other state (and for Gary Johnson, as well).

You may believe that Californians are all clones of Jerry Brown and Nancy Pelosi, but we are not.
Calm down. Read what I wrote....I was referring to the nitwits from CA that moved here, then proceeded to try to change it into a liberal state. You think it didn't happen? Think again.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:36 AM
Joined Mar 2008
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaman View Post
It might be hard to face it but education has been on the decline for quite some time now and no matter which president we were going to have, we would still be suffering from it. Education issues effect almost every point on that list.
This is an interesting topic where I both agree and disagree with you.

Where I disagree ... my kids have to learn things at a much younger age than I. One could contend things are "better" because of this. As far as I'm concerned this is a flawed approach ... too much too soon is not a good thing.

We in the States are obsessed with measurement and comparison. If we look at our system where every kid has to go through k-12 and other countries where kids a "tracked" (split up based on perceived potential) ... kids are sent in one of two directions, some are diverted into industrial jobs while the rest are sent to higher education ... we don't do that in the US so when we make these comparisons we are looking at apples and oranges.

Another thing that concerns me is that there is no emphasis on critical thinking skills. I'm not sure my generation was educated in this area (I'm not that old, I graduated in the late 1980s), but I definitely notice my kids are not educated in this regard either. If I don my tin hat and begin to think of conspiracy theories, I begin to think that education is a merely preparation for kids to operate within a larger corporate environment. Ironically, many of the kids that I've hired from college can't even do that, lulz.

Quote:
This is the individuals fault and govt cant force people to learn. Its something an individual must decide to pursue and at the very least take seriously.
True.

OTOH it appears to me (for what that's worth, haha) that the purpose of public education was for the betterment of the entire country. Pretty communist, I suppose.
Last edited by Cap_n_Dave; Feb 01, 2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: clarity.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined Mar 2008
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Calm down. Read what I wrote....I was referring to the nitwits from CA that moved here, then proceeded to try to change it into a liberal state. You think it didn't happen? Think again.
California was an interesting place. When I moved there, many moons ago, I didn't know what to expect and assumed that the state was uniformly left leaning. I was incorrect. The cities were politically liberal, the rural areas were very conservative. The difference was stark and to me, surprising.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:52 AM
Not watchin from the sideline
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
This is an interesting topic where I both agree and disagree with you. My kids have to learn things at a much younger age than I, and as far as I'm concerned this is a flawed approach.

Next, we in the States are obsessed with measurement and comparison. If we look at our system where every kid has to go through k-12 and other countries where kids a "tracked" and some are diverted into industrial jobs while others are sent to higher education ... when we in the States make this comparison we are looking at apples and oranges.

Another thing that concerns me is that there is no emphasis on critical thinking skills. I'm not sure my generation was educated in this area, but I definitely notice my kids are not educated in this regard either. If I don my tin hat I begin to think that education is a farce and merely preparation for kids to operate within a larger corporate environment. Ironically, man kids that I've hired from college can't even do that, lulz.

True.

OTOH it appears to me (for what that's worth, haha) that the purpose of public education was for the betterment of the entire country. Pretty communist, I suppose.
Ive just been through 3 different high schools two in Ohio and one in Alabama... I just dont see it on the education front, of course its hard to actually know without a reference point. Another thing I noticed when I went through Columbus schools (compared to lower Alabama) was the lack of respect for teachers, overall discipline was low and complete disorganization. Definitely a difference between the rural and city schooling.
Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:27 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
688 Posts
Quote:
California was an interesting place. When I moved there, many moons ago, I didn't know what to expect and assumed that the state was uniformly left leaning. I was incorrect. The cities were politically liberal, the rural areas were very conservative. The difference was stark and to me, surprising.
Well sadly CO didn't draw from the labor pool of the AG communities, we drew from the cesspools...err.....cities.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E