HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:39 PM
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
Discussion
The Obama Economy

Are these numbers real, or just fabrications of the far right? I haven't fact-checked it myself, but if you have and your numbers don't agree, please share. Let's keep it to facts rather than opinion, gentlemen.

bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:41 PM
Native American
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Not looking so good is it. It is still Bush's fault I am sure.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:54 PM
Foamie Freak!
Leather Helmet's Avatar
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Well my opinion is, that it is a fact, that Obama sucks as a President!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:28 PM
FrankC
Ocala, Florida
Joined Jun 2007
499 Posts
I have seen most of those numbers other places as well, I lean towards them either being right or very close. Given I have been employed 27 of the last 58 months I tend to follow some of these numbers.
FrankC is online now Find More Posts by FrankC
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:32 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,978 Posts
Those folks that have always wanted to visit Greece but couldn't afford it will be able to shortly without having to buy a ticket. The sad part is they still will not be able to afford it.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:37 PM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Not looking so good is it. It is still Bush's fault I am sure.
No doubt. When is Bush's term up and who's this Obama guy? I'm ready to get somebody who can handle the job.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:05 PM
Watts is life...
rcjetpilot's Avatar
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
Are these numbers real, or just fabrications of the far right? I haven't fact-checked it myself, but if you have and your numbers don't agree, please share. Let's keep it to facts rather than opinion, gentlemen.
Today's 4qtr numbers aka... contraction is all you really need to know
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:47 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Pipemajor's Avatar
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
No doubt. When is Bush's term up and who's this Obama guy? I'm ready to get somebody who can handle the job.
I take it you didn't vote for Romney?
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:52 PM
Native American
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
Today's 4qtr numbers aka... contraction is all you really need to know
However, a large part of that was government shrinking and hurricane Sandy. I remain optimistic for the near term.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:09 PM
Watts is life...
rcjetpilot's Avatar
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
However, a large part of that was government shrinking and hurricane Sandy. I remain optimistic for the near term.
Obama is winding down government aka military, so we are seeing what it really means, a sick private sector.
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:10 PM
Old Skool
J.Douglas's Avatar
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
With folks paying their fair share all is good. But it looks like everyone will need to pay just a little more.... and more you know...
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:13 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Pipemajor's Avatar
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
115 Posts
My state has a Dem governor, Dem legislature and all elected Constitutional officials are Democrat.

We're not exactly a low-tax state either but do have a highly educated workforce and a well-developed infrastructure.

Result? A statewide unemployment rate of 5.7% plus the state's largest private employer (Mayo Clinic) just announced they are adding 45000-50000 new jobs. Highly paid jobs. With benefits.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:47 PM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
I don't see your point.
Minnesota 72D 60R GovD Uemp 5.7%
Iowa 47D 53R GovR Uemp 4.9%
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:55 PM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Texas is better look at the influx of people from Cali in the last few years. It's the place to be!
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:03 AM
Circles in Lift
bwanajim's Avatar
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
I don't see any defense from our left-leaning friends here on LTUP. Surely there must be something wrong with the numbers in the OP.
bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Obama has the economy on track RumRunner_1492 Life, The Universe, and Politics 26 Jan 30, 2013 03:11 PM
Discussion Obama has U.S. economy in 'death spiral' BE77 Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 92 Aug 09, 2011 03:16 PM
Discussion Nice picture of Obama jumpstarting the economy with debt. Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Feb 04, 2010 01:14 PM
Discussion Obama: It's My Economy? Fine. Give It To Me. Gman2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 60 Nov 02, 2009 04:03 PM
Discussion Obama Will Destroy America's Economy... Paul Ryan Can Save It Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 18 Jun 25, 2008 11:03 AM