SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: How long since you've participated in the RC sections of RCGRoups
Less than 2 days ago 32 60.38%
2 days to 7 days ago 8 15.09%
7 days to 1 month ago 3 5.66%
1 month to 1 year ago 8 15.09%
It has been over 1 year since I've participated in the RC sections of RCGroups 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:12 PM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
It's way more fun here ... besides, hardly anyone flies what I fly anymore ... Zaggis, MS Hornet, Push-E Cat ... I'm stuck 10 years in the past ...
YOU'RE stuck in the past??!?!...Pffftt.

Here's a blast from the past..Hobby Shack "Das Real Thing" with Kavan whitewalls, 50's inspired covering scheme, and Modela 2cc diesel mill. Just finished a couple of weeks ago, waiting for time/weather to maiden...and this bird is in the semi modern area compared to my old-timers.

But I might have to build a foam delta with a 25FX and a mousse can just to keep my reflexes up.
Cash
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:26 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,974 Posts
Read a lot more than I post and only do so once in a while. Still ordering stuff based on opinions that seem worth trying. Spent a lot more than I have posted since May, especially with Heads Up RC and then the gift certificates to Horizon, mostly for the Fun Cub and a few accessories for it. Then there is the stuff bought here from in the For Sale area. Only been stung once and that was on a sale. The guy could have died or something and was only about a hundred on a twelve hundred dollar sale. Not too bad.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:16 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
It's way more fun here ... besides, hardly anyone flies what I fly anymore ... Zaggis, MS Hornet, Push-E Cat ... I'm stuck 10 years in the past ...
If you have a mega 16/15/3 I have a wing you would love... I have seen this motor with an outrunner break 140 mph and it has a 30 inch span.

I am getting more in to the UAV end but I still will be producing wings... they are just the thing to run a Hero 2 camera around on.

Take a ride on a 48" electric wing.
Winterwonderland (7 min 14 sec)

30" we run on up to 3500kv 400 class brushless motors.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:31 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
I usually post in the Sport/glow or parkflyers forums...currently building a JK Aerotech Corsair...& finishing Switchback #3.
The Mountain Models Switchback? I had one back in the day. I think I flew it with a 7 cell pack and 350C brushed. A lovely plane.

I hardly participate in the RC portion here anymore. I'm still as active as ever in the hobby. I like to build. Planes, boats whatever. Mostly from plans.

I did recently give PM advice on the Tiny-X. One of my very favorite parkies. I've built three.
D W is online now Find More Posts by D W
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:50 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,507 Posts
Hmmmm......

I'm more active as a modeller than ever these days, and come down here to the basement every now and then for a quick gander at the latest gossip. Seems very samey and repetitive a lot of the time.

I post quite frequently in the electric scale and glider sections here, as well as a couple of other forums (UK based).

Anyway, here're the latest additions......

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:03 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
MS Hornet heli?

Yup - 10 years out of date.

(I got rid of my 2 remaining ones just recently.. )
I would have bought it from you .... I need parts.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:20 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
There's still an upstairs here ?.

I haven't been up there in years.

What's new up there ?.....are the Little Screamers, LensRC, and Medusa motors still the hot ticket ?......did they ever come out with those 2.4 radios they were talking about ?.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:35 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashRC View Post
Hobby Shack "Das Real Thing"
My grandfather built one from RCM plans, and gave it to me as my first powered plane. Flew with an OS .10, fun little plane. He put a more conventional landing gear on since it tends to nose over and break props, especially on grass.

Did the Hobby Shack kit include the history of the "full scale" plane?
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:07 PM
Joined Aug 2003
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post

What's new up there ?.....are the Little Screamers, LensRC, and Medusa motors still the hot ticket ?......did they ever come out with those 2.4 radios they were talking about ?.
Hey, I'm still playing around with GoBrushless motors. I still havent figured out if delta or wye is better or why when I put that big prop on does the motor get too hot to touch and the esc could fry an egg. I hate it when the knowitalls start spittin out fancy equations like V=IR or W = I x V and they always tell you go out and buy a wattmeter.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels View Post
I hate it when the knowitalls start spittin out fancy equations like V=IR or W = I x V and they always tell you go out and buy a wattmeter.
I have a wattmeter it's a Medusa Power Analyzer.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:22 PM
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Times they are a'changin'. They'd even let you have the name "essobee" now, I betcha.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:26 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bē View Post
Times they are a'changin'. They'd even let you have the name "essobee" now, I betcha.
I scared to go back up there, especially after I saw pictures of that Larry guy dressed in drag in the Model Your Model thread !.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:10 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:

I got a couple of Little Screamer motors to sell you, at cost too.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
I scared to go back up there, especially after I saw pictures of that Larry guy dressed in drag in the Model Your Model thread !.
That's not upstairs, that sounds more like the crawl space.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:45 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
...less than an hour ago ,I posted in the foamies section ...mostly to antagonize i(in typical LTUP fashion..) another poster .Also lurk daily in a number of other topics including but not limited to multi-rotors ,foamie-electrics ,scratch builders ,canards ,and aerial photog....
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz