HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:55 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
Help!
Fatshark attitude sd and 600 TVL Super HAD

Hello FPV guys

I am new to this part of the rc-hobby and I am in need for some help

I have bought the 600 TVL SUPER HAD Camera and a pair of Fatshark attitude sd. The question is: which cable do I need to connect the Camera to the Fatshark TX??????

Any help appreciated

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Menu-DNR.html
Samjet is offline Find More Posts by Samjet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
anybody?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:15 AM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
I think the reason that nobody answered you is that your question shows you didn't do any research. If you did, you would have read many times that the yellow wire form the camera goes to the tx.
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
UOTE=TigerPilot;23979040]I think the reason that nobody answered you is that your question shows you didn't do any research. If you did, you would have read many times that the yellow wire form the camera goes to the tx.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I couldn't find any valuable information. I did search it. Just need some friendly adwise.

Name: fatshark tx.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 76.2 KB
Description:

Is this the cable being used to connect the camera to the tx? And does the goggles come with it. Name: Fatshark cable.jpg
Views: 109
Size: 62.7 KB
Description:

I have ordered it from readymade rc and the description says:

AtttitudeSD headset (with RX and HT) (Uses the high performance NexWaveRF receiver module)
250mW 7ch 5G8 TX*
Filtered balance lead adapter
3dBi 5G8 antenna
3m AV cable
Futaba data cable
zipper carry case
manual

Does it already come with a cable looking like this:

Name: fatshark cable1.jpg
Views: 91
Size: 97.5 KB
Description:
Last edited by Samjet; Jan 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:37 PM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
Found the answer. The plug on the cable is called molex 5p.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:22 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samjet View Post
Found the answer. The plug on the cable is called molex 5p.
that cable may fit but I use servo type connectors to connect it all...
to prevent making a "custom" cable all the time.
-camera(servo connector like on a servo)(made from servo extension cable)
-vTx(servo connector like on a servo)(made from servo extension cable)
-battery(mate to servo connector)(made from servo extension cable)2 wires only

-then i use a Y servo harness to connect it all together...
the video comes down the signal wire of servo cable from camera to vTx.

-later if you get an OSD, vTx and camera will plug right into OSD.
ror1 is online now Find More Posts by ror1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:39 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
I think the reason that nobody answered you is that your question shows you didn't do any research. If you did, you would have read many times that the yellow wire form the camera goes to the tx.

This guy is dead right.

samjet, I know i shouldn't enable or reward your lack of reseach on the subject, but I'll make this easy for you.

The fatshark cable can be bought here:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=694

Cut the end off that doesn't fit into your TX. You'll now have a cable that connects to your TX, and has three bare wire ends.

The three ends are ground, 5V, and video. Solder ground and video, to ground and video on your camera(usually found in the camera's manual). Tape off the 5V wire end, you won't be using it(your camera is 12V).

Your camera is 12V, so you need to splice your camera's postive and ground power wires, into your TX's positive and ground power wires. As long as you are using 3S, this will feed the camera 12V, which it needs to operate. Now power up the TX and goggles, to see if you did it right.

In a nutshell, Camera video and ground need to connect to transmitter video and ground. And Camera power and ground need to connect to transmitter power and ground.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
This guy is dead right.

samjet, I know i shouldn't enable or reward your lack of reseach on the subject, but I'll make this easy for you.

The fatshark cable can be bought here:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=694

Cut the end off that doesn't fit into your TX. You'll now have a cable that connects to your TX, and has three bare wire ends.

The three ends are ground, 5V, and video. Solder ground and video, to ground and video on your camera(usually found in the camera's manual). Tape off the 5V wire end, you won't be using it(your camera is 12V).

Your camera is 12V, so you need to splice your camera's postive and ground power wires, into your TX's positive and ground power wires. As long as you are using 3S, this will feed the camera 12V, which it needs to operate. Now power up the TX and goggles, to see if you did it right.

In a nutshell, Camera video and ground need to connect to transmitter video and ground. And Camera power and ground need to connect to transmitter power and ground.

Thank you very much.

Well I made the wrong question from the start. I was interrested to know if the plug for the tx was included or not. I bought the cable you refered to allthough the right cable did come with the goggles.