Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:26 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,408 Posts
New Product
E-flite Carbon-Z Splendor BNF

WOW first the parkzone VisionAire now the E-flite CZ Splendor

cheers chuck

The E-flite® Carbon-Z™ Splendor™ BNF Basic monoplane represents the pinnacle of performance and aerobatic versatility. F3A World Aerobatic Champion Quique Somenzini envisioned the Carbon-Z Splendor aircraft to deliver everything the modern world of precision flying has to offer, with not just the ability to perform elegant F3A sequence aerobatics, but extreme 3D stunts as well. In conjunction with the benefits of rigid Carbon-Z construction in the wings and fuselage, ground-breaking AS3X® technology built into the included Spektrum™ AR635 receiver makes it possible for you to experience unparalleled stability and a flight envelope wider than ever before possible.

Product Specifications

Wingspan: 54.5 in (1384mm)
Overall Length: 56.8 in (1443mm)
Wing Area: 645 sq. in. (41.5 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 5.50 lb (2.50 kg)
Motor Size: 50-size brushless outrunner
Radio: AR635 6-channel AS3X receiver (installed)
Servos: (4) 26-gram digital metal gear mini servos (installed)
Trim Scheme Colors: Red, purple and white
CG (center of gravity): 5.16 in (131mm) from leading edge at wing root
Wing Loading: 19.7 oz/sq ft (60.1 g/sq dm)
Prop Size: 14 x 7E
Spinner Size: 2.7 in (68mm)
Speed Control : 60-amp switch-mode BEC brushless ESC (installed)
Recommended Battery: 6S 22.2V 3200mAh 30C LiPo
Flaps: No
Retracts: No
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: 80% up/down, 15% expo; High: 100% up/down, 15% expo
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: 75% up/down, 15% expo; High: 100% up/down, 15% expo
Control Throw (Rudder): Low: 60% right/left, 10% expo; High: 100% right/left, 20% expo
Approx. Flying Duration: 5-7 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iRD_Fjpcxgs
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 30, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:28 AM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
Will you be reviewing this one also? It's probably difficult to keep up with so many being released.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:55 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,767 Posts
Woah nelly, not ANOTHER one!!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:36 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
dont think I want to know the price on this one.

Nope, I didnt......$419!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:40 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Really didn't care for the Visionaire but depending on price this one might make it to the hangar.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:41 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iRD_Fjpcxgs
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:02 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,597 Posts
Nice.....My bank account stopped keeping up months ago.....
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:06 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,152 Posts
Looks fantastic. I pick up my VisionAire yesterday and now they announce this! In fairness, the VisonAire is more what I am after and will obviously be the cheaper of the two. Can't wait to see the Splendor unboxed and flown - will you be doing this for us Chuck?
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:11 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,211 Posts
This isn't really a 3D plane. In the video they say,"versatile enough to do 3D" and "designed for F3A-style precision aerobatics"

Since the "fully 3D capable planes" were always less than so, i'll wait for the next one that's designed for 3D but versatile enough to do F3A-style precision aerobatics(they got it backwards )

Really i just want a Beast but after seeing the prices on recent releases i'm cringing just thinking of what a park flyer sized Beast with that fancy RX will cost
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:28 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
The problem is that with the price points they putting these at you can get some similar sized balsa ships for about the same cost. Get a crashable EPP foamy to learn on and then use the cash you were to use on this and get a nice precision 3D balsa ship.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:12 AM
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,152 Posts
Not quite true at the VisionAire price point Matt. I got BNF for £200. A 3DHS 47" Edge SHP (which I would have got had the VisionAire not been released) is £150 for the kit plus probably the same again for all the gubbins to go in it. Less repairable as well. Obviously, more beautiful which is why I will go balsa when I (think I) know what I'm doing!

I was suppose to get a Crack Yak as well but I accidentally saw, and bought, a UM Stryker for £60 in the LHS and I have a spouse enforced ban on number of aircraft.

At least, I have till she forgets
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:46 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
True, but the visionaire is not a viable trainer in my book, since if you crash you have to spend some time and money to repair it. Those same crashes a foamy will shrug off, now the foamy doesn't have the wind handling ability. Cart wheel the visionaire in knife edge and then do the same to the Yak and see who wins.

Get yourself a EPP 3D plane and learn some basics and then get yourself a true performer like a 3DHS ship. You are looking $150 max for a capable foamy that you can fly in your front yard with little practice.

Another thing is why in the world would the AR635 not let you connect the ailerons on separate channels! That's a huge limiting factor for its use in other aircraft that could use some differential.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:50 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,530 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm..........

I've got some 6s batts sitting around...........

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:51 AM
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Get yourself a EPP 3D plane and learn some basics and then get yourself a true performer like a 3DHS ship. You are looking $150 max for a capable foamy that you can fly in your front yard with little practice
So far, the Stryker has not been discovered. I managed not be spotted for the time it takes to make it work correctly with a DX6i (hours!). If this state continues, I may be able to squeeze a Crack Yak under the radar. Till then, it will be a VisionAire kept 3 mistakes high!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:15 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
So far, the Stryker has not been discovered. I managed not be spotted for the time it takes to make it work correctly with a DX6i (hours!). If this state continues, I may be able to squeeze a Crack Yak under the radar. Till then, it will be a VisionAire kept 3 mistakes high!
Best of luck! I think it is great HH is bringing these new products to market and people are enjoying them! Fun is what matters and above all else these planes look like they would be fun and that is the name of the game!