Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Discussion
I am new to the RC World!

Hi guys! I am new to the RC world! I have quite a few hours rotary-wing and fixed wing and several thousand hours of simulator time but I am new to flying RC! I have ordered the CMPro Marathon kit from Nitroplanes and have ordered the Futaba 6EX FAAST radio and reciever and Hitec 645MG HS645 645 MG HS 645 HS-645MG Steering Servo for my throttle servo, #TGG30/10736 Turnigy 30cc Gas engine w/ CDI
1x #TGY-3D-17x7/17641 Turnigy 3D Gas Wood Popeller 17x7
1x #AL76spinner/9147 Aluminium Prop Spinner 76mm / 3.0inch diameter
5x #HXT12K/2 HXT 10kg Servo (metal gear) 55g / 10kg / .16sec for the rest of my servos, if anyone has any other suggestions as to stuff I might need please let me know. I also ordered 6V 3300mAh NiMH batteries for the reciever and the ignition system for the engine. I can't really think of anything else that I might need other than maybe a prop hub adapter, but I don't know if I actually need one or not.
charles nitrotek is offline Find More Posts by charles nitrotek
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:17 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles nitrotek View Post
Hi guys! I am new to the RC world! I have quite a few hours rotary-wing and fixed wing and several thousand hours of simulator time but I am new to flying RC! I have ordered the CMPro Marathon kit from Nitroplanes and have ordered the Futaba 6EX FAAST radio and reciever and Hitec 645MG HS645 645 MG HS 645 HS-645MG Steering Servo for my throttle servo, #TGG30/10736 Turnigy 30cc Gas engine w/ CDI
1x #TGY-3D-17x7/17641 Turnigy 3D Gas Wood Popeller 17x7
1x #AL76spinner/9147 Aluminium Prop Spinner 76mm / 3.0inch diameter
5x #HXT12K/2 HXT 10kg Servo (metal gear) 55g / 10kg / .16sec for the rest of my servos, if anyone has any other suggestions as to stuff I might need please let me know. I also ordered 6V 3300mAh NiMH batteries for the reciever and the ignition system for the engine. I can't really think of anything else that I might need other than maybe a prop hub adapter, but I don't know if I actually need one or not.

Hi Charles! its great to see yet another RC Pilot starting out Sir, You might also want to post this question here on these two Beginner forums sir:

http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...ft-electric-8/

http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...area-fuel-230/

I think you'll get better answers to your questions there.
I will tell you your Choice of Futaba for your radio is an Excellent one even if most people use Spectrum.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:29 AM
Depron Daz
Daz393's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Basingstoke
Joined Feb 2012
1,117 Posts
Don't start the Spektrum/Futaba debate Chris! Lol
Daz393 is offline Find More Posts by Daz393
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:57 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz393 View Post
Don't start the Spektrum/Futaba debate Chris! Lol
Nope not me mate!

I just hope Charles gets the advice he needs!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:50 PM
A Global Force For Good
jmpdgs's Avatar
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Get A Simulator and learn to fly it first.

Quote:
charles nitrotek wrote: "Hi guys! I am new to the RC world! I have quite a few hours rotary-wing and fixed wing and several thousand hours of simulator time but I am new to flying RC"!
The first and most important suggestion I think I can make is to get a decent quality RC simulator like REAL FLIGHT BASIC or PHOENIX and master the simulator before you attempt to fly. RC flying is not brain surgery but it is NOT like full scale flight. Orientation is the main factor that must be mastered before attempting to fly RC else you will be making many more unnecessary purchases.

You might also check the RCGroups classifieds General Misc and search that forum for either of these as they come up for sale quite often. You can often get pre-owned higher grade versions of Real Flight for little more than the Basic.

I reiterate what Demondriver suggested, this is not the best place to ask although you did get the very best advice you're likely to get.

Good luck and happy flying.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Hi Charles! its great to see yet another RC Pilot starting out Sir, You might also want to post this question here on these two Beginner forums sir:

http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...ft-electric-8/

http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...area-fuel-230/

I think you'll get better answers to your questions there.
I will tell you your Choice of Futaba for your radio is an Excellent one even if most people use Spectrum.
Oh thanks i did post my questions in those forums.
charles nitrotek is offline Find More Posts by charles nitrotek
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Thanks Jmpdgs for sharing nice informations i was just looking for these info to understand more Rc.
charles nitrotek is offline Find More Posts by charles nitrotek
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpdgs View Post
The first and most important suggestion I think I can make is to get a decent quality RC simulator like REAL FLIGHT BASIC or PHOENIX and master the simulator before you attempt to fly. RC flying is not brain surgery but it is NOT like full scale flight. Orientation is the main factor that must be mastered before attempting to fly RC else you will be making many more unnecessary purchases.

You might also check the RCGroups classifieds General Misc and search that forum for either of these as they come up for sale quite often. You can often get pre-owned higher grade versions of Real Flight for little more than the Basic.

I reiterate what Demondriver suggested, this is not the best place to ask although you did get the very best advice you're likely to get.

Good luck and happy flying.
Thanks for sharing nice information about Rc. God bless you
charles nitrotek is offline Find More Posts by charles nitrotek
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Need help I am new to this rc world AzTrekie Batteries and Chargers 2 Feb 02, 2012 02:37 PM
Question New to RC-Aero World - How/What to do to fly a RC plane?? cybog_1982 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 7 Jun 18, 2008 06:56 AM
Discussion I am new in RC anyone buy from this site www.rc-uwants.com ?? winson Mini Helis 0 Jul 24, 2007 04:03 AM