HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:56 AM
Joined Aug 2011
198 Posts
Discussion
TW-747I Skis

I haven't gotten to fly anything for 3 months now so made some skis today out of an acrylic ruler and a plastic mop handle. Tried it outside in the driveway and works great on hardpack but digs into soft snow. Hope to try it out tomorrow on the football field.

AUW is 600 grams but the motor with 8X4 prop is rated at 24 ounces thrust so should work fine.

Took it out next day and liftoff from ice was beautiful but landing in the powder snow was eventful; it would glide in, slide a few feet and then nose over. I didn't have any wire supporting the back end of the skis so it would just rotate and let the nose go into the snow. No damage though, nice clumsy way to land.

Now I have wires attaching rear of skis to the landing gear and a bungy attaching the front of the skis. Should work better for landing.
FeiJi is offline Find More Posts by FeiJi
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FeiJi; Feb 01, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts