Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Pancari, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:54 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Discussion
FPV Opticopters Used to Capture Rally Racing

I think we can all agree that FPV is really cool stuff. Technology has driven the size and price of well designed parts for all you electronic guys, at which I do not include myself, so you can mix and match equipment and stick it on a very inexpensive quad as small as a Hubsan X4 with hot glue or some CA.

The problem remains just what is worth shooting to justify your skills and effort. I have a very nice Ivy League college nearby, a large park with a pond that would be far more interesting to shoot than my front yard.

Subject is import in photography and even more critical when the camera is flying because a boring site at grade is equally boring in the air.

I am always impressed at FVP videos from Europe as everything looks different there with amazing colors and unique architecture. If you look at some of those vids here on you YT you will find that even light switches have a different design than than here in the U.S..

To quote Mr. Spock, "Fascinating".

Videoing action is far more impressive than videoing static areas. I guess if you take the time to study Michael Bay's films perhaps you'll get an idea how to shoot FVP with alternate angles rather than simply head on.

As I was going through my car web sites I came across an article on Drone's and the Monte Carlo Rally and found the videography and background music was amazing.

I understand that this kind of production is a bit beyond sticking a 1gm camera on a Walkera QR Ladybird and doing post projection using Windows Movie Maker.

You see, a goal is not always meant to be reached. It often serves simply as something to aim at.

Enjoy the video.

http://jalopnik.com/5978488/a-drones...cool?tag=rally
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Pancari; Jan 29, 2013 at 11:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts