Closed Thread
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 PM
United States, IN, Salem
Joined Jan 2013
57 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Discussion
noobe Question

I placed an add on 1 24 13, it is now 5 pages back. How can I bump it to the front?
roger staton is offline Find More Posts by roger staton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:52 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,346 Posts
Trader Rating: 140
You cant, that was your only chance to sell it....Welcome to RCGroups!
oops, hit send before I was done! You have to make a new add, but dont over do that too many times...
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:55 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
You can make a new thread for it. Close out the previous one. Post in correct catagory and better luck this time around. Have pictures and make the listing uncluttered.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:55 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
If you ad something to the thread later, like a new pic or info, it will get moved up in the overall thread page. If it's a decent item at a decent price it will sell, plenty of people go back and look several pages deep. Also, you can sort for "for sale" items only too.

Worst case you can close and delete the ad and maybe listed it again later, with perhaps a different price. That is a big factor in sales...next to LPU versus shipping, payment options, and feedback too. If you sold somewhere else and have feedback, might want to link to it as a reference. Take good pics of your item, and describe it well.

Did I mention price too?

Good luck on your sale...this is a GREAT place to do business as a seller and buyer.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:59 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Just checked your post...no pics, and no real description of item.

Put some shine on that ad boy, rustle up some interest!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:17 AM
United States, IN, Salem
Joined Jan 2013
57 Posts
Noobe Q

Thanks for all the replies, I have edited the ad, but it didn't get moved up to the front. Can't take pics yet, will have to get help from the kids ha ha.....I'm waiting.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,346 Posts
Trader Rating: 140
Dont be surprised if a few questions get asked, you just joined forums and are new, alot of guys a carefull about dealing with that. It helps to get on other threads about what you like and post stuff. Everybody kind of watches out for each other around here, If you have any other selling history(ebay, ect.) post that link so they can verify you.
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:54 AM
United States, IN, Salem
Joined Jan 2013
57 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for all the help, I am terrible with computers, have to write everything down....dropped on head as a child....several times lol.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:09 PM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,398 Posts
Trader Rating: 108
I thought you could bump a add posting after 24 hours, i may be wrong but thats how its done on other sites, that would explain why i see the same adds re posted after a few days, i have bumped my add after days, weeks and a few mounths even.
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:11 PM
United States, IN, Salem
Joined Jan 2013
57 Posts
bumping

Don' know how to bump, I am awful at this stuff, I prefer phone calls.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger staton View Post
Thanks for all the replies, I have edited the ad, but it didn't get moved up to the front. Can't take pics yet, will have to get help from the kids ha ha.....I'm waiting.
The default setting on this forum (in the classified section) is to sort the ads by date of the original post. So, bumping, or adding a post to an ad, will NOT push it to the top of the list for people who have not changed this setting in their profile.

To change this setting, go to this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/profi...do=editoptions and you'll see it at the very bottom of the page. Here's a screen shot with an arrow pointing to the setting. IMO, it should be set to that by default. In fact...I think I'm going to request that in the SSC forum.

ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
On the airsoftcanada forums, when we post an ad, we're permitted to bump it by replying to our own topic once per week.
Only the seller can reply to the topic; all interested parties PM the seller for negotiations.
It works very well and keeps the forums clean. Could it benefit RCG ads?
Siggypoo72 is offline Find More Posts by Siggypoo72
Closed Thread