HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Question
Choosing a servo

Hey, I'd like help in knowing what "strength" servo i'll require for a task. I need a servo that will be able to pull the disc brake cable of an electric scooter. I have a servo with a stall torque of 1.5kg/cm at 4.8v. I will be running the system at 5vv.

Will this be sufficient? Or how will I go around choosing a sufficient servo?

Thanks, Harris
pyrohaz is offline Find More Posts by pyrohaz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:45 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,261 Posts
5 watts is not much. You will probably need a lever, or gearing to keep the amp draw down. To really figure it you need to know how much force it takes to pull the cable, how far, and how fast the cable needs pulled.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:35 PM View Post
Umang Kumar
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:27 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,261 Posts
If you only need to apply the brakes once, you could use the servo to pull a pin, to release a spring. The spring applies the brakes.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Mar 13, 2013, 01:47 PM
Joined Jun 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
If you only need to apply the brakes once, you could use the servo to pull a pin, to release a spring. The spring applies the brakes.
That's an air brake thingey and a reverse wheelie on a scooter. That would go viral on You tube with blood and all.
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1