HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:29 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,159 Posts
Just wanted to add that I have John Salt and Tom Z and all his work, John Chen too all have been more than helpful. I hope one day to have the skills and knowledge to tutor/mentor others like me, I guess thats what nakes it such a great sport
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
Build it up!
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Dec 2007
229 Posts
Jack,
Getting your Clearview up and running will be a HUGE help to you, even if it means getting that Dynam USB controller that Helos36 mentioned earlier. I have had Clearview for years and am very satisfied with it. Can't beat the price and you get free upgrades for life! My flight skill level is probably just a little more advanced than yours, but I have vowed to learn R/L hovers on the sim this winter! Gets boring in a hurry! I then usually cut loose and try 3D s$%t!
Anyways, if it helps, in my travels I noticed a brand new R/C flying field right on 169 just south of Mankato. Beware that some plank flying clubs detest helis for some reason... Or you can come up to my end of town and there are several clubs that welcome helis to their plank fields! An hour away from LS...
A lot of guys gave up their time to help me out on my R/C endeavors so the least I can do is help someone else out too! This is what is so great about this hobby! Nearly all people will share and help the less experienced out! Good Luck, Jack!

Flatspins
13Flatspins is offline Find More Posts by 13Flatspins
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:01 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,159 Posts
Yah It's getting pointless to try and progress anymore in the house. I will have a bunch of parts here soon enough to get all 4 cps in the air again(not all are broken) then probably fool around with the 922 until I get more room or spring gets here. If I break a bird actually learning thats Ok but to keep breaking things when just hovering in the house is not smart heli budgeting. Gotta get this sim biiz figured out. ANY HELP from walkera owners?
Thanks a bunch for the info, and there is a hobby store in Mankato maybe I'll swing by there and find out who flies helis in the kato area.
Just an old man trying
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr