SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
32 Posts
Data
Hubsan Mini Invader substitute parts from other micros

Hi.
I'm writing this thread as a guide/help for people (me in particular) who are flying Hubsan Mini Invader or Revell Control Kee Vee micro-helicopters.

The goal is to list "compatible" parts from any micro heli available, as spare parts for this particular model generally is out of stock or too expensive.
I can buy a bnf v911 from banggood.com for the same money I would pay for a balancebar for the mini invader.
BTW if you're thinking of buying a Hubsan Mini Invader and don't already own a v911, buy a v911 (at least for indoor flying).

The good:
The Hubsan Mini Invader has quite good lifting capabilities, I started flying mine with two 50cm long 4mm diam. fiberglass tubes as training gear, which it lifted without overheating the motor or battery (but flight times suffer a little).

The main rotorblades is not fixed and wont break easily.

The bad:
Tailmotor housing becomes "slippery" when the tailmotor heats up, resulting in twisting of wires and the motor pulling itself out of the housing.
Tailmotor wires may short circuit as the insulation isn't good enough and may be damaged by screws that's screwed into the tailboom.
Balancebar may break on impact as rotor blades isn't fixed and will give way so the balancebar gets the main impact.
Main gear gets easily stripped as the main motor almost won't turn unless it's powered.
Linkage parts come loose and occacionally go flying if main blade come to abrupt halt.
Swashplate separation may occur in crashes.

Flight characteristics (in beginner mode and as far as I can judge):
Slides about quite a bit (compared to a v911).
Rudder is fairly docile.
Loses altitude quite rapidly through manuvers (unless sufficent throttle is applied).
Feels a little heavy.

If You own one of these helicopters please share your expiriences here.
eljar is offline Find More Posts by eljar
Last edited by eljar; Jan 29, 2013 at 04:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
32 Posts
Balancebar, tail motor and main gear replacement.

I've just fitted Mini-Invader with a balancebar from a v911, which seems to work out fine, with one exception. The linkage is a little loose, which results in intermittent vibration. I'm unsure whether this is because my linkages is worn or the ball-links on the v911 part is marginally smaller, but my prime suspect is worn linkages.

I also bought a tail motor and tail blade for MJX F47 from banggood. The tailblade is ccw while the tailblades from the Mini invader is cw, but it still works like it should (might be that the motor turns the opposite direction).
The tailmotor shaft is marginally wider than the original, but it should be possible to fit the original tailblades also.

The main gear from the F47 will probably not fit, as the teeth is much larger than on the original, but I havn't tried it yet.
eljar is offline Find More Posts by eljar