Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Discussion
A Memo to Nitroplanes

Gonna post this since it is so damn hard to get a person at Nitroplanes. Nitroplanes, you sell mostly decent stuff at good prices. Problem, like a lot of internet businesses, you want to sit back, take orders and sell stuff. Well, that's nice, but at some point you need to communicate with your customers. And your customers need to communicate with you. I hate the ticket thing. And the customer service forums, clever way to shield yourself from the customer. It is pretty easy to order from you and you ship stuff out quickly, just wish I could talk to a person more easily. I don't know, maybe I'm just lonely.
daughtry50 is offline Find More Posts by daughtry50
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Memo to people ranting about Nitroplanes.

Please make your rant make some sense. Of course internet companies want to sell stuff. So do brick and mortar stores. If you complain about wanting them to communicate with you, communicate with them. In case you don't know, they have their own forum here. And they are there almost every day answering questions and trying to help.

How exactly is that "shielding" them from customers?

Can't anyone throw together decent rant anymore that is complete, has a story that can be followed, and makes just a little bit of sense? LHS might be the best place for many folks in this hobby. Immediate gratification, and can talk with real people face to face.

FYI ....here is the thread;

http://www.rcgroups.com/nitro-planes-580/
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:36 AM
USA, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2010
205 Posts
Memo to people complaining about ranting.

A rant is a rant is a rant.
cwinma is offline Find More Posts by cwinma
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:11 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinma View Post
Some rants are much better than others! My favorites are followed by pages and pages of extreme drama!

Gohmer is online now Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinma View Post
now THAT is a rant!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
I actually thought that my point was fairly civil. Internet company customer isolation is a growing problem. That is the reason that a few companies are actually going back to human beings, people you can reach and talk too and get actual information and help quickly.. I purchase from Nitroplanes from time to time and am mostly satisfied. I stand by what I said. The forums are fine if you don't need information quickly or if you have the time to dig for it.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Forgot one point. Another post suggested I communicate with them. That is exactly what I am trying to do. Tried to call today but I got "The recording", you know, we are experiencing a high amount of calls, please call back, or something like that. Again, I said, I am mostly satisfied with Nitroplanes.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
if one method of communication isn't working, and causing you frustration, the I would skip to another one that might bring forth resolution. Leave a message or post a thread in that forum and ask for help, throw an order # in there and see if they can help.

They are one of the few companies that actually have someone responding to complaints. Can't say they are always good responses or get the issues resolved, but it's a start. Better service comes with higher prices though. I know I feel like they are making enough money on the planes and shipping, but it costs money to staff a customer service line. Huge turnover and labor costs in th e US are high, especially where they are based in CA. Farm it out overseas...barely able to talk with someone who can speak english and NOT read from a script.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:10 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Wow, let me make this very clear. I tried getting my answer on NP's site, in the forums and on the internet first. Only after that did I call, over a three day period. Never got through. I needed an answer, I have moved on, I purchased what I needed somewhere else. I would have no problem paying a little more to get more personal attention. Check the surveys, the number one or number two complaint across the board, is the inability to speak to a human and get prompt and accurate customer service from a business. Businesses and especially internet only stores do everything they can to limit phone calls. That is neither wrong nor bad but, a lot of people are tired of that process.. Overall, I like Nitro Planes and will do business with them in the future. But, as a paying customer, I demand a little better customer service, maybe you don't and that is your right.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtry50 View Post
Wow, let me make this very clear. I tried getting my answer on NP's site, in the forums and on the internet first. Only after that did I call, over a three day period. Never got through. I needed an answer, I have moved on, I purchased what I needed somewhere else. I would have no problem paying a little more to get more personal attention. Check the surveys, the number one or number two complaint across the board, is the inability to speak to a human and get prompt and accurate customer service from a business. Businesses and especially internet only stores do everything they can to limit phone calls. That is neither wrong nor bad but, a lot of people are tired of that process.. Overall, I like Nitro Planes and will do business with them in the future. But, as a paying customer, I demand a little better customer service, maybe you don't and that is your right.
A bit clearer now, thanks. I guess I missed the part where you came to this site, and it's NP thread for help. As you can see, they do answer questions or concerns. Since I do read these boards, as well as others, I agree the lack of customer service is an issue with some of these online retailers. As such, when I buy from them at rock bottom prices and something goes askew, I can't really expect to get top notch service.

When I want/expect that, I go to Horizon, or Tower, or some of the smaller mom and pop joints.

As I've noted earlier, you can always post a thread in the NP forums and see if they can help. I hope your issue gets resolved.

If they kept anything decent in stock I'd probably be back there to buy too!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:33 AM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
I agree with your last post. I wasn't trying to register a complaint with NP, I was trying to get a question answered about a potential product. I also agree that NP does answer complaints usually within a few days. I know it must be frustrating for them dealing with the public cause sometimes the pubic is crazy or wrong or both. I get frustrated when I call a business and get this recording, you know, the one that begins "we are experiencing a high volume of calls or something like that. When I hear that I always wonder if what they really mean is, we are experiencing a very low number of people answering the phone?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:08 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
589 Posts
Hey Daughtry50,
We sincerely apologize about the experience you've received. I'm more than happy to help you with any questions or order inquiries here. I know our customer service is not up to par but we are trying our best to improve it. I'm actually glad to hear honest feedback so we can improve. The way I see it is that when customers rant about our company whether it's good or bad, it still shows that they either support us or want us to know what we're doing wrong because they see potential in our company. You can PM me any questions you have and i'll be sure to listen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtry50 View Post
Gonna post this since it is so damn hard to get a person at Nitroplanes. Nitroplanes, you sell mostly decent stuff at good prices. Problem, like a lot of internet businesses, you want to sit back, take orders and sell stuff. Well, that's nice, but at some point you need to communicate with your customers. And your customers need to communicate with you. I hate the ticket thing. And the customer service forums, clever way to shield yourself from the customer. It is pretty easy to order from you and you ship stuff out quickly, just wish I could talk to a person more easily. I don't know, maybe I'm just lonely.
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:10 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
589 Posts
Thank you!

porcia83,
Thank you for the support! It means a lot to us and we really appreciate it!
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
As I said in the original post, I will continue to do business with Nitroplanes and my opinion of the company is mostly good. I appreciate your reply. I would estimate that I purchase around 75% of my aircraft from NP and will continue to do so. I just wish it was easier to get a human when I need a quick answer.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Nitro Nancy, this is off topic, but can you tell me if the Airfield Blazer will be offered as a PNP. That looks like a fun and relaxing plane for an intermediate pilot as well as a good camera platform.