HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Azarr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:08 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,025 Posts
Discussion
New Hat Band/neck strap

I've had this hat for quite a while, but as you can see, it's barely broken in. However, the leather band/neck strap (which never worked well) was shot. I replace it with a 17ft piece of 550 paracord and a two hole lock toggle. The knot is known as a bugle knot because, well, it's often seen on bugles. The beauty of it is that by undoing one knot it will unravel quickly and you have a 550 pound test cord for emergency use. I happened to have a 17ft piece, but it would fit 20ft easily.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
to remove ads between posts