SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Any other vendor you know of that requires signatures for this kind of order?
I don't see your point. If they want to ship uninsured without requiring a signature they should stand behind that decision when a customer doesn't get the item.

Quote:
I understand your frustration, but it appears to be completely misplaced. I've never had to sign for something from amazon (just got two packages today ), nor value hobby, nor horizon etc etc.
I know Amazon doesn't require signatures. However, they'll also replace something if it gets stolen.

Quote:
You are trying to blame this vendor for something that they didn't do (and normally don't), and again, for something that you didn't ask for.
I'm blaming them for bad customer service. They made the shipping decisions and aren't willing to stand behind them. Further they've accused me of lying and trying to defraud them as well as blaming me for the theft. More bad service.

Quote:
And the CC company would not have paid you back, just as PP correctly didn't.
You're incorrect. They most definitely would have paid me back. PP would also if the individual orders were above $250.

Quote:
Any chance one of those e-mails from you mentioned anything about a complaint thread if you didn't get your items the second time?
What are talking about? Second time? I placed two orders a few days apart. They were shipped on the same day in two separate boxes. Both were taken when they were delivered on the same day.

Quote:
So please confirm, this was sent to you priority mail right?
Yes, it was sent priority mail.
Stereodude is offline Find More Posts by Stereodude
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joined Jan 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
Also, a large majority of buyers do not have a problem with theft, or they have an enclosed mail box on their street. If you have such as issue with theft in your area, I suggest you petition the PO to install an enclosed mailbox, or call the vendor and ask for them to include signature required at your expense. If the package is stolen off your step, I do not see how it is the vendor's fault -- they have no control over the crime rates of your neighborhood, and as I stated, requiring a signature is an extra cost that most buyers prefer not to pay for and all vendors prefer not to incur.
I've never had a problem with package theft prior to last week. I've lived here for over 5 years and have had hundreds of packages delivered without issue. The local police department tells me this is the first USPS package theft they've had reported to them in years for this general area. I have an enclosed "rural" mailbox, these items didn't fit so they apparently left them on my porch. To a point this is speculation since I don't know where the packages were left. I only know USPS says they delivered them and I didn't get them. They were not in my mailbox and they weren't on my porch. I reported the theft to the local police department and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

If I had requested they not require a signature or explicitly declined insurance I would agree that it is my fault and not expect anything from them, but that's not what happened.
Stereodude is offline Find More Posts by Stereodude
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:55 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Great point Garret.

I imagine if this vendor did the sig required without telling people they would get ticked off at having to go to the post office to pick up there item. Bottom line is I think they fulfilled their end of the bargain by packing the items and mailing them off, even going the extra step of sending it with tracking AND priority mail at NO extra cost.

Some people do well buying and selling on the internet, others really need to stick with brick and mortar stores as much as possible. It is nice walking in, getting something, and leaving with it!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I know Amazon doesn't require signatures. However, they'll also replace something if it gets stolen.
Simple solution, buy through Amazon.

Check on Craigslist or ebay for the items you purchased, you might be surprised to find them there. Most comment thieves probably wouldn't know what to do with this stuff, and it's doubtful a pawn shop would take them. Ya never know!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Garrett any update?

For the first time in 3 years with this vendor I had to open a PP dispute. One of the chargers I bought from them had a cable that is defective. Sent RMA request, got a response asking me to take a pic. I took the pic and sent it back, then 3 e-mails over two weeks asking for a status. As my time frame for filing was coming up, I did the PP complaint. I offered to accept either a new cord, or 10.00 credit. We'll see how this shakes out.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:12 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
883 Posts
I wrote an honest review about the GForce "Elite"(nothing elite about it) 40C 4S 3300mAh and said it didn't hold up to even a 25C draw. review never got published. the 40C packs are garbage, never buying from valuehobby again
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
VH responded promptly to the PP complaint and sent out a new charging cord, so I'm happy.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:21 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,122 Posts
I never had to sign for anything that I got from any hobby shop if its through USPS, UPS or Fedex unless its coming from China. I have had $500 iphones left on my porch from UPS. They dont care as long as it outa of there truck.
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:21 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad007 View Post
I wrote an honest review about the GForce "Elite"(nothing elite about it) 40C 4S 3300mAh and said it didn't hold up to even a 25C draw. review never got published. the 40C packs are garbage, never buying from valuehobby again
I buy from them all the time, never had a problem yet
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:23 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad007 View Post
You might have at acouple bad ones, cause I use these all the time and are just as good as the Turnigy ones.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:31 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
You might have at acouple bad ones, cause I use these all the time and are just as good as the Turnigy ones.
yeah, turnigy suck. that's your problem. There is nothing good about turnigy, so yes, the GForce batteries are just as horrible as the Turnigy ones. I'm not just spewing baseless information, I actually benchmark batteries instead of reading reviews that say "omg dis battery iz teh bestest!11!1"

quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:24 AM
Unregistered User
United States, CO
Joined Feb 2013
291 Posts
Anyone else have their credit card numbers stolen shortly after ordering from Value Hobby?
LonB is offline Find More Posts by LonB
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:34 AM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
Enough already!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:40 AM
Unregistered User
United States, CO
Joined Feb 2013
291 Posts
Did you folks see the post where higher C rating stickers were placed over lower ones on Value Hobby Gforce batteries? I hope their not still doing that.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:47 AM
Unregistered User
United States, CO
Joined Feb 2013
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Enough already!
Enough of what, trying to inform folks of a compromised CC system!? You have no posts on this thread. Do you have something of value to add here?