HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:07 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Discussion
Question about 5.8 and spiroNet antennas and recording onto my Mac with EasyCAP

I recently got a new Quad and ditched my 900mhz and got the cheap 5.8 setup from with spiroNet antennas from Hobby King.

Since I didn't have the RP adapters I was flying with the stock antennas. Today I got the adapters in the mail and installed the spiroNet antennas.
I did a quick test down the street and was getting interference only a few houses away. With the stock antennas I was able to go all the way to the end of the block before I got a tiny bit of interference.
Do I need to rearrange things because of this or can the antennas possibly be bad.

here's a clip from the FPV camera with the EasyCAP and recording with my Mac. The file was 1gb but the quality doesn't look that great.
I do like the Security2000 camera though, it was almost dark and the picture was very clear and bright.

Here's my setup, any advice on TX location would be great.

EasyCAP test with 5.8 (2 min 48 sec)
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
to remove ads between posts