SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:32 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Discussion
Question about NAZA Failsafe and DX8 with AR8000

I updated my DX8 and wanting to make sure all the settings remained the same.

When I turn the TX off the I get the throttle to bump some and the fail safe highlights and the pointer moves to it as I remember how the fail safe works.

BUT when I use the manual switch and put the NAZA into fail safe, the pointer moves into fail safe and highlights blue but the throttle stays at whatever position it was at before I flicked the switch.

I'm just wondering if this is normal or is the throttle pointer also supposed to move when manual going into fail safe with the switch.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:47 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
I updated my DX8 and wanting to make sure all the settings remained the same.

When I turn the TX off the I get the throttle to bump some and the fail safe highlights and the pointer moves to it as I remember how the fail safe works.

BUT when I use the manual switch and put the NAZA into fail safe, the pointer moves into fail safe and highlights blue but the throttle stays at whatever position it was at before I flicked the switch.

I'm just wondering if this is normal or is the throttle pointer also supposed to move when manual going into fail safe with the switch.
That is expected. The receiver only sets all the channels to their failsafe values when it really has lost signal. What you did with the switch was just set the NAZA's "U" input, while the throttle (and other channels) remain as sent by the TX, which is still talking to the receiver.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:31 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend View Post
That is expected. The receiver only sets all the channels to their failsafe values when it really has lost signal. What you did with the switch was just set the NAZA's "U" input, while the throttle (and other channels) remain as sent by the TX, which is still talking to the receiver.
Cool, thanks.
It's just so long since I tested RTH with the switch, didn't want to flick it and my quad fall out of the sky.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821