HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:02 AM
United States, NM, Holloman AFB
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
Hot damn this engine runs! Best running engine I think I've ever had. I primed it and only flipped it a couple times and it fired right up and started idling perfect! I'm seriously astonished by this thing and so where my flying buddies. One of them even offered to buy it off me for $150 lol, I only paid $80. It pulls super hard too even for a new never ran engine. I'm on the lookout for another of these beauties, so if someone has one NIB let me know.

I ended up not running the fuel tank set up as described since I didn't see any merit in it with no pressure line. However, I did use the idea of pointing the open vent line into the props' airstream.
F16DCC is offline Find More Posts by F16DCC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:25 PM
United States, MT, Superior
Joined Dec 2006
74 Posts
Yep, these engines are probably the the most ignored, cheapest to buy, best kept secrets out there. May not be able to spin a 10x8 at 15,500 like some of the "go fast" 60s out there, but will twist a 12x6 at 12,800 to 12,900; which most of those high perf engines can't match. Weight is very low for a 60, so works nice in a 40 size plane. .... For tank pressure, I like to use a tube glued to the outside of the fuse facing forward, & just clearing the prop by 'bout 30 thou'. ........ George K.
mtntopgeo is offline Find More Posts by mtntopgeo
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:19 PM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
After it's broken in I plan on switching it to a 11x8.

So do you know where I can another one of these?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Dec 2006
74 Posts
Almost always a used 7033 listed on the big auction site; sometimes a NIB unit. Both this site & RCU occasionally have one listed. (The other site usually has more "slimers" to choose from.) The one to look for is the latest (-B) model. Some minor changes, but the biggy is the pre drilled muffler holes. Good luck with your search. .... George K.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:45 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,082 Posts
A couple of years ago Enya resurrected the 60-IIIB with the only change being a revised crankcase casting to take their bolt-on muffler instead of using a strap. I snapped one up soon as they advertised them but now they're sold out and aren't listed anymore. However it'd be worth emailing Enya and asking if there are any left or the possibility of another run of them. Mine's had about 90 minutes of careful running in and the ring is still only about half bedded in but more then good enough to fly with.
downunder is online now Find More Posts by downunder
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
I've been looking at their new 60's and thinking about ordering one direct from them. But the $200 price tag is keeping from it at the moment. Maybe in a couple months I will acquire one from them.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16DCC View Post
I've been looking at their new 60's.....
If you mean the 61CX series, I have the rear exhaust version and I'm delighted with it.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
Have you tached the engine? I would like to know the numbers and what prop it's turning because I'm also looking at the NovaRossi 60CR since I found a dealer here in the US. The Rossi is only few $$ more than the Enya so it's a hard decision.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,082 Posts
I've never tached my Enya because it's the CL version and has a much smaller venturi area than the RC version which limits the peak HP. However Enya state that the RC engine has 1.7HP at 16K revs compared to their earlier 60X with 1.6HP at 17K (and that was a monster engine ). Enya's HP figures are usually quite conservative too, unlike most other claimed figures. The Rossi would almost certainly be more powerful but to run any engine close to max HP you need to use a prop that's way too small for the average model. The Enya though only weighs about 13 ounces while the Rossi is 21 ounces.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Dec 2006
74 Posts
Quote:
Have you tached the engine? I would like to know the numbers and what prop it's turning because I'm also looking at the NovaRossi 60CR since I found a dealer here in the US. The Rossi is only few $$ more than the Enya so it's a hard decision.
I wouldn't let $$$ influence my choice between these two engines. You're talking "apples & oranges" here. One is a small case, lower RPM, light-weight unit that would make an excellent "go fast" engine on a 40 size plane. & the other is a big beast that would be at home on a pattern plane. .... I briefly thought 'bout the enya for awhile (to be used on a 40 size Super Sportster) , but really had a rough time finding any performance figures on that engine. Only found one result, & that wasn't too earth shattering. (also, no data on the prop make & model, or fuel, plug, etc..) So, checked out one of my old 7033s & got
14K on a MAS 10x8 s2 prop. Problem solved.!!! Unless you're looking for the upper end performance, these old enyas are a tough show to beat; especially when you consider cost. ... Actually, 14K with a 10x8 prop moves a plane rather quickly.!!! ................ One more item; If you're really leaning towards the Rossi, then you might consider the 91. Less weight & much more displacement. In any case, have fun. that's what it's all about. .......... George K.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:27 PM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
That's what I have the 7033 in, is a 40 size sport plane and it's freakin sweet. That's what I was looking to do with another .60 since the GP .40-.70 mount fits the engine perfectly I can put it in most any .40 size plane.

I'm not really trying to compare the two engines with each other since I know one is made for speed and the other is made for torque. I like F3A patterns and I like "regular" sport aircraft too. I was wanting numbers on the newer Enya to see what kind of aircraft I should look for if I decide to go that route. The next aircraft is already sitting on my work bench awaiting assymbely, Stinger .10. So it'll be alittle bit befor I get money for another, I just like to have a plan so I can watch prices and get things cheap.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:41 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,082 Posts
I've got quite a few engine tests here on Enya 60's ranging from the 60-II (model 7032) through to the 60X-IV. On the 7033 models the fastest way to tell if it's a III or IIIB is to check how many rings are on the piston. The III has two rings while the IIIB has only one ring.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:47 AM
Joined Dec 2006
74 Posts
Quote:
That's what I have the 7033 in, is a 40 size sport plane and it's freakin sweet. That's what I was looking to do with another .60 since the GP .40-.70 mount fits the engine perfectly I can put it in most any .40 size plane.

I'm not really trying to compare the two engines with each other since I know one is made for speed and the other is made for torque. I like F3A patterns and I like "regular" sport aircraft too. I was wanting numbers on the newer Enya to see what kind of aircraft I should look for if I decide to go that route. The next aircraft is already sitting on my work bench awaiting assymbely, Stinger .10. So it'll be alittle bit befor I get money for another, I just like to have a plan so I can watch prices and get things cheap.
A real honest-to-god stinger 10 ??? Thought that they were all in millions of pieces (result of overpowered go-fast incidents) or locked up in collectors' vaults. So, I gotta know..... what is gonna power this project ? If I were so fortunate as to get one of these, I'd probably be looking at something between a .15 XLS (at the bottom end) & maybe a 26 Rossi or 32 SX (at the top end.). Would be interested in seeing a new thread started for this project. ... George K.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:22 PM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
Plan on starting a build thread for it after I get some more planning of where to add carbon reinforcements and some other things. The real answer to what is going to power it will remain a mystery until the thread is started. I will say my new Rossi is lookin for a home.

Downunder, I have a two ringed piston. I am now looking for a new spray bar and needle since my stupid receiver decided to loose signal and send my new aircraft into the dirt at around 100mph. However, I also think the elevator ripped off because I was able to roll it but it never pulled up...I'll never truly know.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
Wow, I just looked at that site for the engines and that is some seriously impressive info sir! Good news is that a 12x6 was turning happy at 11,200 on 15% nitro and 20% oil on mine.