HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:06 PM
Gilbert AZ
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
1,605 Posts
OK AMA Charter Clubs and Not Fields. It wasn't really my intentions to make this another AMA discussion thread. I guess it was inevitable.

Anyway!! I have visited several clubs and they seem to have the same issues.

Agree no club is perfect. Most of the time the Elected officials has no back ground in the position. The club is really a corporation with CEO, CFO, VP, CTO, property manager, safety officers and instructors. Well you get the Idea. I doubt the CEO "Club President" has a MBA or PHD or the CFO " Club Treasurer" has a MBA or CPA. Most of the times they hold these positions for one or two years. Depends on the Club bylaws how long they can hold these positions. So all these positions is a learning process for most position holders.

I'm not bashing AMA or Clubs. I now have seen the other side of the fence without a club or AMA. For now I like that other side of the fence.
azflyingguy is offline Find More Posts by azflyingguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:08 PM
Raikkonen for President
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
7,119 Posts
I agree with you, flying somewhere private by yourself and doing whatever you like (I don't mean being stupid or irresponsible) is a lot of relaxing fun.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:10 PM
Gilbert AZ
Joined May 2012
1,605 Posts
Another Comment. If I flew with a lot of people I think there needs to be some safety rules created but for now I'm a lone flyer.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:21 PM
Citizen# 145
United States, MA
Joined Sep 2011
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy View Post
Another Comment. If I flew with a lot of people I think there needs to be some safety rules created but for now I'm a lone flyer.
I get so bored flying alone. When I first started into the hobby I tried teaching myself how to fly in some nearby cranberry bogs. I got so bored that I used to always try to get my buddy and his kid to come hang out with me. If I'm the only one at our club field, I only last about an hour before I pack up...otherwise I'm there for anywhere from 3-6 hours on a weekend day. I think it's great that you can enjoy flying alone, though.
{}{steve}{} is offline Find More Posts by {}{steve}{}
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:30 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,561 Posts
This past May 5th, I stuck my left hand in a propeller. Yes a BIG dumba$$ attack The AMA insurance picked up all my left over expenses from the incident. I needed a skin graft to replace some of what was cut off my index finger, the nail bed was repaired and two surgeries to fix a severed extensor tendon on the same index finger. I needed about 30 stitches that day in the ER, the day of the accident to close up all the other lacerations.

My out of pocket expense was less than $200 for the whole ordeal thanks to the AMA insurance. What my regular insurance didn't pay the AMA did. I will be re-upping every year until I can't hold a TX in my hands.

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Start of a new chapter.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:43 PM
Gilbert AZ
Joined May 2012
1,605 Posts
Ken is this why your AKA Fingers. Good for you AMA kicked in where Obama Care didn't.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:17 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,178 Posts
pirate flyer for life!! been around clubs for 45 yrs and all the BS/politix that goes with it! AMA is strickly for conformist and reminds me unions with some FATKAT sittin behind a desk smokin a big stoggy and living off your $$$$$$, did I mention AMA stinks and thiers plenty others
that feel the same way
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
pirate flyer for life!! been around clubs for 45 yrs and all the BS/politix that goes with it! AMA is strickly for conformist and reminds me unions with some FATKAT sittin behind a desk smokin a big stoggy and living off your $$$$$$, did I mention AMA stinks and thiers plenty others
that feel the same way
Careful. I about got crucified for just saying I did not care for them for various reasons, and then felt like I had to explain myself.
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:37 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
1,764 Posts
Quote:
that feel the same way
Pretty extremist statements.

During the recent negotiations to redefine modeling and RC flying where the FAA wanted to greatly restrict all RC flying, what role did you take?
How were you involved?
What did you do?

When you buy a radio and use it, do you apply for your own FCC waivers, negotiate licensing, and prove compliance?
Do you do the engineering testing and prove the system to the FCC?
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:55 PM
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustben View Post
pretty extremist statements.

During the recent negotiations to redefine modeling and rc flying where the faa wanted to greatly restrict all rc flying, what role did you take?
How were you involved?
What did you do?

When you buy a radio and use it, do you apply for your own fcc waivers, negotiate licensing, and prove compliance?
Do you do the engineering testing and prove the system to the fcc?
+1.
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
Citizen# 145
United States, MA
Joined Sep 2011
1,434 Posts
Quote:
that feel the same way
I bet you're too too cool for school, too. Do you still roll you're smokes up in your shirt sleeve and grease up your hair too?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:07 PM
Citizen# 145
United States, MA
Joined Sep 2011
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Careful. I about got crucified for just saying I did not care for them for various reasons, and then felt like I had to explain myself.
Oh, come on...nobody even came close to crucifying you for your feelings towards the AMA.
It's one thing to not want to be part of an organization, but what he did was insult every member of an organization. I seriously doubt anyone is getting rich off the AMA. There may be a handful of people getting a decent salary but, come on man, it's not that huge of an organization.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:29 PM
No flying at the Control Tower
Canada, AB, Leduc
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
that feel the same way
Exactly. I love traditional "unions", where 50 ironworkers meet in the bottom of a rusty can and agree to tell their boss to pay them or shove it up his ass.

The Unions now are a disgrace. sure, they fight a little, but most of them ironically run like businesses, the exact thing they were trying to fight against.
karikamiya is offline Find More Posts by karikamiya
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:49 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
809 Posts
And here I thought this was a website about model airplanes. Maybe this has reached the point that this should be locked down or reported
I am out of here

Ken Smith
Be Safe & Have Fun
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Last edited by Ken Smith; Jan 29, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Correction
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
1,764 Posts
Of the people comparing the AMA to satan and unions and other stuff...

Can you tell us how many paid employees the AMA has, the salary of the executives, or what kind of people they are?

Once you learn, please come back and tell us. You'll be very surprised and embarrassed.
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Closed Thread