Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:52 AM
Gilbert AZ
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
1,609 Posts
I have never been more excited about this hobby in a long time. No its not that I have 2 new airplanes to maiden. Its because I found a place to fly without the club issues.

I will miss some of the club members but not the club itself.
azflyingguy is offline Find More Posts by azflyingguy
Last edited by azflyingguy; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:01 AM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
All you guys out posting your contempt for the AMA, here's your chance to prove how valuable you really are.

The AMA has done incredible things to promote the hobby in 50 years.
They fought to keep profitly motivated telecoms from soaking up out needed bandwidths...
They fought to keep the FAA from relegating us to an indoor only activity...

All you brainiacs bragging about hating the AMA and being born on 3rd base enjoying the freedoms the AMA bent over backward to provide...

Just what the heck is your smart alec defense of the fact you ain' done shinola but you dis the one group that put you on third base?

Here's your chance to run your mouths some more and tell us what you really have done to do anything to promote this hobby 1/2, 1/4th, 1/100th as much as the AMA has.

What have you done for us lately?
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:07 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBin View Post
All you guys out posting your contempt for the AMA, here's your chance to prove how valuable you really are.

The AMA has done incredible things to promote the hobby in 50 years.
They fought to keep profitly motivated telecoms from soaking up out needed bandwidths...
They fought to keep the FAA from relegating us to an indoor only activity...

All you brainiacs bragging about hating the AMA and being born on 3rd base enjoying the freedoms the AMA bent over backward to provide...

Just what the heck is your smart alec defense of the fact you ain't' done shinola but you dis the one group that put you on third base?

Here's your chance to run your mouths some more and tell us what you really have done to do anything to promote this hobby 1/2, 1/4th, 1/100th as much as the AMA has.

What have you done for us lately?
I answer to your question I have done nothing to promote the hobby. All I care about is promoting the hobby for myself!. That and useing the $58.00 I saved for booze!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:10 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I answer to your question I have done nothing to promote the hobby. All I care about is promoting the hobby for myself!. That and useing the $58.00 I saved for booze!
You have proven your value articulately.
When you gonna do something positive to advance the hobby you enjoy?

(psst... drop the "e" when adding "ing" to make "using").
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:11 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Yes but we live in Arizona! Here I know folks that dig large holes in the government ground and get gold from it. We do anything we wish in the middle of the desert. I know its against the environmental laws in California to fart!
No, that's only when cows fart! Love the EPA club!
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:15 AM
United States, FL, Stuart
Joined Apr 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy View Post
First time In 10 years I'm not a club member or have AMA.

I have found a remote area to fly and clearing the area for a runway.

No club Politics or flying rules. This is refreshing.

I should renew my AMA though as they support our hobby in many ways. I don't really care for the Rag Mag.

I may join a club later if I miss the club scene but for now I'm happy.

Just wanted to express my new outlook in the hobby.

My goodness - you seem to have affronted some here!!

I have no issue with your choice - and neither should anyone esle. But there will always be control freaks and keyboard warriors in the world.

I only use the AMA for insurance, and it is also a requirement for joining a club.

The clubs I have belonged to were total chicken s**t. You get these cliques who think they should govern by "Imperial Rule".

As for the mag, I don't read it and I can't even give it away. A total waste of reading time.

With all the rules the AMA has, it's surprising a plane hold down is not a requirement. There are many more finger/hand/arm injuries than you can imagine.

Our club has a hold down rule in effect, but unfortunatly, a few jerks ignore it.

I hope I haven't affronted anyone here, but if I have .....oh well.
Electrofish is offline Find More Posts by Electrofish
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:16 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,731 Posts
Way to go, Dust Ben. Well put, indeed. I think there are no answers because you wrote "Positive" and they read it "Passive."

It's fashionable in certain circles to dump on "big govt" or "govt interferance" (certainly true in Texas with Governor Goodhair), so some of this may be spillover from that. OTOH, the clueless, like the poor, are always with us. God must love the clueless because He made so many of them.

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:16 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,223 Posts
Yesterday's news

I wonder why I'm not SURPRISED that he's not a member of anything ?His being alone in the desert may be better for us in the long run.

You think the AMA is difficult ? Wait till the department of Natural Resources gets on his case

And the Desert doesn't look all that 'user friendly', at that..

Don't mistake a diamond back's rattle for your plane locator.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:18 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinhh View Post
Way to go, Dust Ben. Well put, indeed. I think there are no answers because you wrote "Positive" and they read it "Passive."

It's fashionable in certain circles to dump on "big govt" or "govt interferance" (certainly true in Texas with Governor Goodhair), so some of this may be spillover from that. OTOH, the clueless, like the poor, are always with us. God must love the clueless because He made so many of them.

howell
Thank you for your appreciation of our hobby.

There'll always be "takers"... it's about being selfish, spitting on the flag, and flipping off a cop that protects them...

I fly my flag on November 11th. I love what other people have done for me!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:32 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
There are always gonna be those that enjoy the fruits of other people's labors and gladly laugh off any attempt to remind them how things tend to remain relatively the same. Especially when it comes to govenmental intrusion into our sport. There is always an excuse not to pay the low cost of membership. I belong to both formal and informal flying clubs and both have their benefits and drawbacks. I support the AMA simply because it is there to protect our right to fly model airplanes in US airspace. I would join whether they provided a magazine or insurane for that matter. And please, enough of the "I use my $58.00 for booze." I suppose you like to be drunk when you fly a 2+ pound model with a powerful spinning propeller?
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:38 AM
Gilbert AZ
Joined May 2012
1,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I wonder why I'm not SURPRISED that he's not a member of anything ?His being alone in the desert may be better for us in the long run.

You think the AMA is difficult ? Wait till the department of Natural Resources gets on his case

And the Desert doesn't look all that 'user friendly', at that..

Don't mistake a diamond back's rattle for your plane locator.
I don't understand what harm I'm doing to the environment. I'm flying clean electric and do no damage to the land scape. If I start cutting down Cactus to clear out a landing strip I would end up in Court. If I was harming Wild life I would end up in Jail. I will get some actual pictures of my flying site this weekend. The picture the other poster posted isn't my location. I make sure I do not run over any plant life when driving to the location off road. Also I leave the place cleaner than when I arrive. If I see trash I pick it up.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:41 AM
Gilbert AZ
Joined May 2012
1,609 Posts
I amazed how long this thread has gotten. Thanks for the replies positive and negative.
Thanks for taking the time to read all 162 pages.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:41 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinhh View Post

howell
ahhh yes the left wing chimes in ! I didn't say i wasn't an ama member but if i am or am not is no ones business ,and you guys jumping down peoples throats because they are not, are doing no good for the hobby at all ,but just the opposite, looking down your nose .. have a nice day..
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:43 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy View Post
First time In 10 years I'm not a club member or have AMA.

I have found a remote area to fly and clearing the area for a runway.

No club Politics or flying rules. This is refreshing.

I should renew my AMA though as they support our hobby in many ways. I don't really care for the Rag Mag.

I may join a club later if I miss the club scene but for now I'm happy.

Just wanted to express my new outlook in the hobby.

Did anybody read post #1? He didn't bash the AMA or tell people the AMA was bad. He even said he should renew his AMA. This thread is out of hand! Like me, I fly on my 33acs at home with my son and don't "need" an AMA card but we both are AMA members. We know they do good for the hobby so we support them. I do belong to a club but the dues are $0.00 a year and AMA member and it's 70 miles from my house. I don't get there too often. Some of the guys are very nice and helpful and some are not so welcoming. There are good and bad clubs.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:44 AM
Gilbert AZ
Joined May 2012
1,609 Posts
Oh I don't drink any alcohol anyway. I could use the $58 to buy wife Valentine's day roses.
Closed Thread