HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:14 PM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Dec 2011
71 Posts
Discussion
Where do you fly?

I thought it would be a good idea for there to be a thread on here discussing places to fly. Perhaps the Moderators could set this up with a special thread and then sticky's arranged by state for people to post to. For now I'll start this off a bit for MN
Busted_wing is offline Find More Posts by Busted_wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
71 Posts
These are all in MN from me.
Mc Murray field Saint Paul, MN.
An excelent sports field for park flying and even small edf's there are several soccer fields and baseball diamonds with zero trees and usually not too many people. In the winter it's all ice rinks so don't try flying there in the winter

Address: Lexington Ave and Horton in St paul, MN
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
71 Posts
City: Eagan, MN
Address: corner of Blue Cross Rd and Yankee Doodle Rd
A seldom used soccer field owned by Blue Cross, there is a large area surrounding the field and the soccer nets aren't usually there. I have flown here many times and this is suitable for anything up to about 60"
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
71 Posts
City: Maplewood, MN
Location: White bear Ave accrossed from Maplewood community center
Suitable for: Parkflyers
This is an office building with a large grass field along a nice paved unused lot. The property owners enjoy watching folks fly here and are absolutely okay with it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:19 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,509 Posts
I usually fly at Thresher Fields in Eagan off of Yankee Doodle Rd and 149 (Dodd Rd). Huge soccer complex (can be very busy during the summer) but usually it's pretty quiet during weekdays.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:51 AM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,167 Posts
I live out in the country so I have a spot suitable for anything hand launch. It is a bit rough but I suppose you could try to take off and land a wheeled plane. You would have to hit the numbers on landing though as it is only 125 feet long.

My other spot is our club field in Mason City, IA at the North Iowa Events Center on the east end of the race track.

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:59 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,639 Posts
If you click on 'Maps', (near the top of the page in the middle), you can check out quite a few sites, even add your own.

Use the 'Filter' on the left to just show 'Flying Field'.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray